Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel



Who knows, there may actually turn out to be a happy ending to my GamingClub experience. We'll just have to wait and see for the time being. I wasn't surprised when Monday came and most of it went without my money being deposited back into my gaming account, after the Web Merchants LLC check fiasco. Recall that I cashed out my $481.10, received a check, deposited it and have now had it returned back to my bank, not for the obvious NSF reasons, but for no reason at all, other than oops, we don't do that anymore. Anyway, so my money is in limbo still. I called GamingClub last night, ready to do battle, but the customer service rep verified once again, that they currently have no means to transfer money to me. So, at least now I know I wasn't just hearing the latest rumor. He said that they would be able to re-credit my money to my gaming account, BUT that I needed to provide proof to them that the check had been returned and that I had not been "paid." Well okay that is a reasonable thing to request. Granted it could have been requested previously...or when it was discovered that this was a necessity, they could have emailed or phoned to let me know. Customer Service is indeed a dying art! So, I am still a bit hopeful that all is not lost. Granted I can't currently get to my money, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel that at least implies that some day soon I'll at least get it back where I can at least play with it online. I'll fax that information to them today and see where we go from here. ALSO, the rep told me that their Marketing Department is working to secure a new method of withdraw/deposit for its U.S. customers, and it should be in place by the end of the week. Everyone cross your fingers for me!

I UPS'd my sons computer back to Acer, through the "Fix My Acer" program, since it is majorly on the fritz, suffering from some definite hardware issues. The lack of keyboard/mouse/monitor control on a laptop is a real problem, at least in my book! I would have reloaded but couldn't gain enough control to do it. So, I'm out $47 in shipping it back to them for service, which I caught a degree of hell for, from Big Red, but I'm not real happy about the fact either. But I take the brunt of the hostility. I guess that's my lot in life.

The 2nd NDPT Tournament of the year is this coming Saturday at 6:00pm gang, so don't forget it. In fact, there will be a few extra people there, like close to 30! This wasn't my original intention, but it just sort of happened that way, and I ended up with more being told to show up than I had anticipated.

Also, if you're looking for a change of pace online, try out the H.O.R.S.E. ring games at Ultimate Bet, they are an absolute blast! And you can sit in from some really cheap stakes, just to familiarize yourself with some different games, than you normally play.

That's enough for today...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: