Thursday, February 22, 2007

Round and round


From the song from the 80's band RATT... "Round and round...what comes around goes around..." Finally GamingClubPoker (now PokerTime) managed to return my money to my account! Not my bank account, but at least they were able to return it to my Gaming Account! They currently have no means by which to transfer the funds to me, and are actively looking into these options, but just haven't got it done yet. So, I guess I'll have to continue to play there for the time being, or just let the money sit there and collect dust. I would like to have had the money in my bank account. My son's recent trip to the orthodontist inflicted a hit to my savings. The cashout would have covered the cost. But for the time being the money exists somewhat, even if I cannot lay hands on it for the time being.
I played Limit again last night on UB, several hundred hands between 2 tables...and a smattering of blackjack as well, which was surprisingly profitable for the night. I opted for the $2/$4 Limit tables...and at one point I was up...but when I finally cashed out, adding the blackjack, the bonus dollars earned, and the up and down of the two tables, I think I was up about .80 cents. This was not my night...but I guess it could have been worse. Early on I caught SO MANY pocket pairs, it was unreal. None of them worked out, but I had 'em. I had Aces cracked once, and pocket Cowboys cracked 3 times out of the 4 that I saw them. So many people, suckin' out. So many suckouts criticizing the play of others. The Kill table that I found myself at was absolutely CRAZY. One guy held the kill button for like 4 rounds! With like 5 people staying for the flop, despite pre-flop RAISES, making it $8+ preflop just to see! And some of the crap they were playing...unbelievable. I was stuck for around $50 on that table, but had been lower, because of the utter stupidity. Just couldn't make the big hands hold up. But that's the game we play.
No poker tonight, accoring to Big Red. I overstayed in the online world last night...and she called me on it last night. Yeah, she was right, and I know it. But it's just so much fun! So, I should behave tonight, especially since I've been invited to 3 games for this weekend! I never thought I'd ever have to use "table selection" skills here in my own hometown. Poker is alive and well! Online is taking a beating...but it continues elsewhere. I even hear today that Doyle's Room is pulling out of the U.S. poker market too. That's just wrong. Hope this craziness ends soon. Then again, I just hope it ends.
That's all for now...back to the grind. It feels a little like work has initiated a RAKE system, the price grows exponentially.
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: