Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Well it didn't continue

Yesterday I reported that I was "treading water" while playing UB. The "treading" trend did NOT continue. I wish that were a positive comment, but it isn't. I went on a miserable streak...and it was all I could do to fend off tilt in the end, and I'm not absolutely sure that I did at all. I played through the day til it was time to get the kids from school. Down maybe $25 in about 600 hands total at two tables. I returned to the scene of the crime later that night, for around 400 hands, and made it a total of -$60 for the day. On this second session I was keeping a close eye on the player stats. I think when I quit, I was seeing a respectable 32% of the flops. But on the one table I was only winning a paltry 3%!!! The other table while showing a 9% win, I was down just as much. The winning % was very misleading. The monster hands I did have, weren't making any scratch for me. I HATE this game! Okay, that's extreme. I hate what's been happening lately in this game. So, even though I took a break from online, for a few days to clear my head, I'm still losing. Since that dismal last week performance, I'm in the cellar by $300. FTP account is empty now...and the UB amount has dropped below my initial $650 deposit. That is absolutely crushing to me. Not only am I losing, but I'm losing bonus $'s along with it. If it weren't for them I'd be stuck for even more. Maybe I really do SUCK at this friggin' game. MAN, talk about self doubt. And I know scared money can't win. But it does make you a little gunshy. I thought about shifting gears for a while...and playing only SNG's, perhaps even multi-table SNG's. A string of wins there, MIGHT stop the bleeding bankroll. But continuous losses would just add additional insult to the injury!

I guess I just need to keep my head and my wits about me, and just play my game. Maybe I should just get out, and cut my losses altogether. But then what would I do with all my "spare" time. Maybe I should consider a longer departure from the online poker world?! Make myself hungry for it. Of course how devastating will that be if upon returning yet again, I continue to donate to the bankrolls of others?

These things trouble me greatly.

One final note...WOW, is it ever COLD!!!!!!!!!!! Sub zero windchill. My flesh hurt this morning, walking from the truck to the front door here at work. Brrrr!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: