Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I guess they're just printing it...



I had 1 hour of play time last night. Big Red was tired and opted to head to bed early last night, so I took advantage and sat in 2 $2/$4 Limit tables on UB. I should have known that the tables were teaming with danger, when I saw so many of this level tables, with 5+ on each waiting list. But I figured the fish were biting I might as well drop a line in the waters. Well, it didn't turn out so well. Hyper aggressive table dwellers, were there raising every pot...seeing every flop...couple that with none of my pairs hitting their fair share of 1:8 chance of hitting a set, and none of my Big Hands hitting, or when I did have cowboys, nobody sticking around, even when I didn't even get the chance to raise. I resisted going on tilt, but damn it's tough to do when you're looking at your stats at two tables. And you've been dealt 60+ hands at each table, your money has dwindled on each to an equivalent amount. On one table you're showing a 10% win ratio, not to do with money, just win or lose. And you're seeing 25% of the flops. On the other table, you have won EXACTLY ONE HAND, in the 60 that you've been dealt. I recognized that I let them get the better of me, finally, and thank goodness Big Red called me to bed at 11:00pm, cause I was staged to friggin' blow it all on these @$$hole$! WTF!!! how do these guys do it? I know they sat with $200, and there's a few of them at each table, and more than a couple of them are up over $300, playing like this. The hand I got frustrated on and stayed in to see what was going on. I'm the big blind...one of the maniacs raises, another reraises, and finally another caps it preflop. It just keeps going. The one who took it down and was the reraise...and continued firing at the pot, was holding A-7os, from Middle Position! Even when you hit an Ace you've gotta believe you've got kicker trouble, right...WRONG! No fear poker. No sense poker. It just mystifies me...is there no risk in their minds. I think he took down a record $87 pot on that hand, at this low limit table. How do they do it? I wouldn't have stayed in, much less continued to raise/reraise, and then even after hitting the ace, I wouldn't have continued more of the same, for fear of my kicker. But he had a pair...and it was great, and he loved it...and just friggin' git 'r done dipshit! WOW, I think I'm more on tilt now than I was last night. Long story short...I know too late...they nearly picked me clean. I got out with less than my dignity. I'm back down to $700 on UB...AGAIN. Which abso-friggin'-lutely SUCKS! Silver lining still up a whopping $50 bucks from my last deposit there...and I still have to keep reminding myself that all of this and the money from other sites is all the product of the initial $90 deposit that I did so very long ago! I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,300-$1,400 online. Although some of it is trapped there. If withdrawals were easier, last night, I would have probably cashed out, and sworn off poker for good! Don't tell Big Red!

As the picture I included this time implies, and the title of the post...I think these players are printing their own money, the way they treat it...They don't respect it, the game or themselves...but unfortunately last night especially they were being rewarded for it all, heavily and I like many others were getting caught in the friggin' crossfire! I truly believe that had I stayed at the table...I would have been stuck for every chip I'd sat down with. In the words of WORM..."...you sat down with the Mad Russian and he picked your pockets." Of course his next words were, "...we gotta get you back in the game!" All I could do was make notes on each of them, label them ALL as absolute maniacs...might have called them a few other choice names. Called myself an IDIOT for hanging around...etc... I guess if I come across them again, and if they even remember, they may have me labelled as a fish, since they may have perceived a great deal of weakness, where the fact of the matter was it was just a string of shitty cards! At least that's what I keep trying to tell myself.

I know how much thought I'm giving to the events of last night's short lived session, I wonder just how much time these douchebags, spend on reflecting on the previous day's play?

Some days, I just really hate this game, which has become such an obsession.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: