Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I think I can make it through this week

Greetings all! I probably should have jotted down a few lines yesterday out here on the blog, but it was a lazy day and I didn't want to be the one to change that. We had our NDPT tournament on Sunday afternoon, and JR (a.k.a Uncle June) took down the top spot. We had a good crowd of around 24 players. I couldn't really put anything together, and the cards just weren't coming my way, so although I was able to outlast some of the field, I was never able to capitalize on anything and just survived until the end and donated the last of my chips on a feeble attempt at a steal, with A2 suited. JR put me out of my misery! : ) Earlier in the tourney I did however make a laydown of pocket Kings, preflop, which proved to be the right move. I was first to act, with blinds at 10-20, I make it 80 to go. It is immediately raised by Del to my left All-In for 200-ish. It heads on over to JR, who repops it to $500 straight. His range has now shrunk, significantly. He advertises it, and plays it full on. I drop... He turns over the rockets, Del has the A-10os. Neither hand really improves, and my King would have never hit. It sucks when your greatest talent is your ability to fold! : )

Then, as the beer continued to flow... I sat down at the cash game and got tied up in a hand that I should have let go. But hey it's only money right? I held top two pair, on the flop, and was betting full on, until the river brought the 3rd diamond. And I should have known Steve had chased it down, but my stubbornness and the Miller Brewing Company wouldn't let me fold it. So, $25 down in the tourney, followed by another $20 in the cash game. Then let's not forget another $13-ish bled out of the Bodog account later that night. Okay, so I've had better days. Then again, I was havin' a ball! The tourney failure was just bad cards, for too long. The cash game, went well for a while, but I far exceeded my reasoning abilities by then. The Bodog thing, ehhh, we'll call it "seed money" all those folks I lost to at the 3 tables will be convinced I'm a complete idiot.

Today, I'm back at work. Yesterday was my AWS day, so today's MY Monday. But I think I can survive this week. Work 2 days, then off for Thanksgiving, then come back for Friday, which they might as well write off. This place will be a ghost town, and NOTHING even resembling work will be accomplished on that day. And then another weekend awaits. OH, and don't forget Saturday, November 29th at 8:00pm, the festivities and celebration begins of the 40th birthday of my beloved wife, Teresa (a.k.a Big Red.) Mark your calendars now folks, you don't want to miss this one. Again, this will be held at the Eagles banquet room. There will be keg(s) and snacks for all. There will also be a cash bar for your other indulgences. The local band JINX'D will be performing from 8:00pm-- 1:00am for your listening and dancing pleasure. Hell, there might even be a deck of cards somewhere in the crowd. We do ask that you pony up $5 to help cover the cost of the band. Come one come all...

Also, of note is another milestone birthday in the home of the cheer_dad. My lovely daughter Whitney will be 16-years-old one week from today!!! That's right folks she'll be street legal. I think she wants to take her driving exam THAT DAY! There'll be no stopping her then. Well at least until she stalls the VW bug on a hill that is. Hey, you know it's happened to us all at some point in time, and we all lived through it right?

I also have to figure out when to insert a game in to the mix for our final regular season NDPT tournament. Right now I'm leaning toward December 6th. But I'm just no sure... There's just a lot of other things to work around. Then, the year end game is yet to be decided. I could let it lapse beyond the first of the year, but we'll see.

Also, check out the latest NDPT points update here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=ptNl6_cpXDHlDaBaHIU7NVA&hl=en

I'll figure out the rest of the year's poker schedule and get it posted SOON!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: