Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Harry Hard On

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
Thats how it goes
Everybody knows
~Concrete Blonde

A friend of mine dropped off a movie that I haven't seen in quite a while, Pump Up The Volume, starring Christian Slater. Since then, I've been listening, pseudo watching it. I have a habit of tuning out the work world by putting on the headphones and listening to a movie. Sometimes I opt for music, but just having the sound in my ears to drown out everything else is very nice.

Any in the movie Slater plays Happy Harry Hard On, a pirate radio personality that gathers a cult like following. He's a teen who shines a light on the hypocrisy of his school, and really gave some insight into feelings of depression, angst, and isolation that I think we've all faced and felt at some point or another.

Aside from the fact that the movie's got Slater as its star, and a kick-ass soundtrack, there are some great quotes as well that make it one of my favorite movies. Here are some of my fave quotes:

  1. Talk hard, I like that. It's like a dirty thought in a nice clean mind.
  2. All the great themes have been used up and turned into theme parks.
  3. I'm dedicating this unusual song to an unusual person who makes me feel kind of... unusual.

Don't even make me start on the co-star Samantha Mathis... :P

But on to other things...

The kiddies once again had the day off today from school due to the inclement weather. Now the question becomes, well, we've had every other day off this week, should they bother to come back for a single day on Friday? Awww, who knows, and who cares. They are getting a little stir crazy after being home for so long.

I hope you all got a chance to check out LOST last night! Once again, another fantastic episode. The writers are really pulling out all the stops for this season. Make sure you head on over to http://darkufo.blogspot.com/ check out all the latest in discussion on the LOST phenomenon!

Tonight is an Eagles night, although last night was sorta one too. So sue me. Sadly I didn't get in any drunken poker, in fact I haven't played any since the NDPT tourney last Friday. I'm having withdrawal here people.

This'll have to do for a post, I've rambled enough.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: