Friday, January 23, 2009

NDPT 2009 begins tonight

The new NDPT poker tournament year will officially get under way tonight at the house when the 25 signed up miscreants and malcontents show up and we get the cards in the air! Uncle June has predicted victory for us, in the form of him in 1st place and me in 2nd, as it was last year. And I think the year before (at least for him.) This has been a trend for him/us since we started celebrating our birthdays at the first NDPT gathering of the year. Today is his birthday, yesterday was mine, and we got in some serious celebrating last night. We even had a shot called a "Chocolate Cake" that was VERY tasty! I'm gonna have to find out how to make it. After drinks and appetizers at the Outback we headed to the Eagles for the weekly drawing, which none of us won. That's okay, though I'm saving up my luck for tonight. : P

Today has been long and I'm sorta dragging, but there's no time to let up now. There's a lot to get done! I leave work at 3:00pm. Pick up my daughter at the high school at 3:20pm and take her to the house. I'll have a few spare moments to maybe set up the tables for tonight in the basement, and count out some of the chips. Leave to pick my son up by 4:30 from basketball practice, and take him to the bowling alley, so he can pre-bowl tonight, in advance of Saturday morning, since he just learned that he's in a basketball tourney all this weekend. He must finish 3 games by 5:30, since another league starts. Then I get him home, and changed and packed up because he also plays the first basketball tourney game tonight at 9:00pm! Thank goodness, the mom of one of his friends is taking him, since we already had the card game scheduled. So she will be stopping by later to pick him up.

Then, if that weren't enough, Whit has a basketball game to cheer at tonight at 5:15pm, then immediately following that one of her girlfriends is having her Sweet 16 party, so Whit is driving a friend and herself to the party. Who knows when she'll return! I'm kidding, she's a responsible young lady, when she wants to be.

Somewhere in the midst of all this turmoil and rushing around, I've got to get ready for the tourney and all you happy people. So, if I'm running a little behind cut me some slack. Regardless, there will be a card game running at the house TONIGHT!

Oh and another thing... drunken online poker is somehow profitable to me. I three tabled latenight again on Bodog and moved up another $35 at the .10/.25 NLHE level. Was 500 hands too many? : )

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: