Friday, January 30, 2009

That's a wrap

Well folk and folkette I'm really grasping at straws today. I've been about a half-a-cup of coffee away from falling dead away asleep today here at my desk. Not that it'd get much in the way of notice here at the cube-farm were it not for the damned snoring. So, I'm finally getting encouraged that the day is nearly over, with the ole clock on the wall showing less than a 1/2 hour to go. oddly enough I'm starting to come alive now. (Go figure.)

I believe the missus and I are going to spend a quiet evening at home with the kidlets. Unwind from the week... rest the liver! : ) I mean get it ready for Sunday's Superbowl abusing! I think Frank may be heading to Cross Lanes to play cards and watch the dogs run, either tonight or tomorrow. Sure I'd like to go, but I think I wouldn't play optimally right now. We are currently 15 days 22 hours and 30 minutes-ish away from our Vegas Vacation. And I'm afraid that in the back of my mind I would be worried about putting money in the pot, for fear that I'd lose it and not have it available for spending and merry-making in Las Vegas. So, I figure rather than insert the extra level of stress, that it's just better for me to skip the trip South, and save the bankroll for later. Certainly, I can wait right? To pass the time, I need to put together my itinerary, which is just my lame attempt at humor and a way to list out all of the available activities that our little group will have at its disposal. I might even opt to play in a tournament this time. I will definitely return to the Imperial Palace, which feels like home, for some strange reasons. But I really want to try my hand at playing the Venetian Poker Room. I've been reading a lot of the goings-on there and it sounds like a fun, possibly profitable destination point. I'm definitely going to try and checking out several more of the card rooms on this trip.

The clock on the wall, is nearing the magic hour, so have a good weekend all... I'm looking forward to the down time.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: