Friday, January 16, 2009

I need a NAP!


Oh yes... there will be one of these for me in the very near future. Cheer_dad is in dire need of a nap! Much to the degeneration of my liver, we were at the Eagles for "drawing night" again on Thursday. Big Red and I were joined by Laura, Nikki, and JR. Big Red and I were there longer than the rest (yeah, I know your shocked aren't you.) As usual, she was tearing up the friggin' slot machines. I think she pocketed in the neighborhood of $500 this time. She's the only person on the planet I think that has a +EV on those damn things! No matter though, it'll just be more cash for Vegas baby! All I won was a monkey (ape anyway.) I bought a $1 chance on a stuffed animal (big) and ended up winning the thing. It's holding a valentine heart, with "Wild Thang" on it. Just what I needed to make my life complete.

Finally got the wife to cash out her winnings and we headed home. I as usual fired up a Bodog table (or three) and put in about 150 hands before calling it a night. I made over $29 and this win actually helped the bankroll cross another hundred level, this time over $500. I think I finally decided to log off when I took a guy's whole stack with a 63os, when I flopped two pair. I only played it because I was a blind.

I need to point out that the Eagle's Poker Tournament will be held on February 8, 2009, not on the 1st, since that's the day of the Super Bowl, DUH!!! It didn't even cross our minds, when talking about it. The NDPT #1 game is still slated for January 23rd.

Tonight, after my nap of course, and as a "warm-up" for tomorrow night's WWE SmackDown Live in Charleston, WV; I get to take Cole and his cousin to a local wrestling show, AWA. I've been before and it's just a lot of laughs just people watching. Besides it'll be time spent with the boy.

Mere minutes away from quitting time, and although I'm ready to leave, I am NOT looking forward to walking outside. It was -3 F this morning and it didn't get much warmer either today. But I know it's a lot colder out there for some of you, so I won't complain too much. Bundle up and stay warm everybody!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: