Monday, January 12, 2009

Ugh

This day is a wash! 2-hour delay for the kiddies headed to school, so I waited with them to take them to school, since my wife was sick. I got another hour or so of sleep, which was nice. BUT, when my daughter got up, she was sick too. There's been a nasty stomach bug going around. So, I was waiting around for the boy only. Still, I got him ready and to school at the appointed hour. Then headed to work. At 1:30 the wife called to tell me that my daughter was sicker, not just the stomach bug but also she may have strep throat. Fever, swollen tonsils, sore throat, ahh the wonders of parenthood. So, now I'll be leaving work again to get her to the doctor. Late to work, early to leave... that does have a certain ring to it, but not under these circumstances.

Now, let's see which illness I end up with in the coming days!!! Maybe I should pick up a hazmat suit on the way home.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: