Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1st Annual Wiener Dog Nationals

I received a flier in the mail not too long ago on the subject but the following article http://www.wtov9.com/news/17705985/detail.html just brought it back to mind. I'm writing about the 1st Annual Wiener Dog Nationals to be held on Sunday, October 19, 2008. Owners of dachshunds from all over will be bringing the short-legged racers to the Wheeling Island Racetrack to run where the longer-legged greyhound counterparts run daily. I think it sounds like a very cool idea, and should be a lot of fun, or least good for a few laughs. Check out the article for additional details and also click on the video link to see "Coco" being put through paces in order to prepare for the competition. I would really like to go check this out, but I'm afraid I would need a big win the night before at the Wolfe's house where NDPT #15 will be held on October 18th. Plus, I'd need a travelling companion which is going to be hard to come by now that Tri-State has opened their poker room and table games. It's a simply matter of geography people. They'll be hard to convince, I'm afraid. Among my arguments, only one stands clear... "guys there'll be beer and friggin' wiener dogs running around the track!" If that doesn't get the job done, I'll likely have to question my own mortality. My faith in the human existence will have reached rock bottom. Okay... maybe it's not as bad as all that! But c'mon Wiener Dogs!!!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: