Sunday, October 05, 2008

Smite Button


The fingers of the Poker gods are firmly pushed down on the Smite Button, as they watch our "hero" navigate the waters of Bodog. It's either that... or they're all using their fingers to flip me off! Fuck... there I've said it, and got it out of the way. Happy now? No, I cannot hold a candle to the bad beat that Frank called to tell me this morning, after he headed back to the Charleston tables. Ouch, I feel for you. But I'll let you tell all that in a post of your own.


My bad run started at the Yanok's on Friday, which I wrote all about. I've played a bunch on Bodog over the weekend. Lost many more of the $16 SNG than I've cashed in. Something fundamental has either changed in cheer_dad's ole game or the world hates me. Take your pick. I've run my AQ into a set of 2's when I flopped top pair, top kicker. I've run pocket Q's into pocket A's. And then finally pocket K's which turned into a set... when the opponents pocket 10's turned into a straight, using my own damned King against me. Ooooof! There were some high points in today, hitting quad Jacks and then making on the minimum. That bites. When you're big winning hands make you nothing, and with everything else you start taking it up the ass, well the online bankroll dwindles. I'm still above the $200 mark, but man I was getting delusions of grandeur there for a while. Thank you poker gods and/or lady luck, for this lesson in humility. I have learned it... I get it... I am sorry, forgive my insolence! Please allow this wave to wash over me. I'll go back to "ABC" poker and not deviate from the master plan as outlined in the past. I promise not to make any money, but just not lose anymore. There does that make you happy? Anyway, so it's back to the ole drawing board for cheer_dad.


It's a good thing I didn't completely give up drinking... it sounds like I'll be drowning a few of the sorrows. So, I'll have to continue the workout regimen. I'm walking or running or both at least 5 days per week, and lifting at least 4. I'm happy to report that the arms feel a little stronger and at least a little firmer. Belly is still there. The right knee quite simply SUCKS! It really hurts, and it's not getting any better. There may be a doctor in my near future.


Anyway... that's been the weekend folks. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy. Feeling sorry for myself, really isn't making me feel any better about it all, so I think I'll give that up too. With that I'll call it a night... and a post.


Regards,


cheer_dad


No comments: