Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lesson learned, until next time

First let me say thanks to the Wolfe's for their hospitality once again in hosting NDPT #15. I'd like to say I did well, but it wouldn't be true. I found myself card dead for quite a while, and really only got involved in maybe 2 hands at the first table of the night. Somehow as the blinds escalated into the stratosphere I made it down to the last 2 tables of the night. I didn't make it long though. From late position, with no one overly interested in the pot I saw what looked like a good time to shove and try to steal the $300 in the pot from the blinds. As I was shoving 'em out, watching Drew out of the corner of my eye, counting it out and licking his lips, well I just knew it wasn't good. Yeah, he called my idiocy with my Jack-4s with his wired COWBOYS, and sent me packing! Big Red survived to the final table and cashed out in 5th place, getting "her" money back. I sat down at the cash table and made mine back, plus a little more. I bought in with $20 and cashed out for like $74... so I was up for the night $29. Big Red did well in the cash game too, and made a few bucks too! I'll have to catch up with Frank tomorrow to see how the rest of the tourney played out. I remember a few items, but I just wasn't paying that much attention to the goings on.

Unfortunately, I wasn't done playing poker when we got home, and I opted to grab for the laptop in the middle of the night and log on to Bodog to play some more cards. Here's where the lesson should begin... I was doing well at my 2 -- $25 tables but really just treading water. And then, I looked down at two beautiful ladies... and I swear one of them winked at me. Maybe it was the alcohol... who knows. Regardless, it's my friggin' story, and the biyatch winked a'right?!? So, I raise and get a single caller preflop, high card of Jack out on the flop and my opponent rams a pot size bet. I rush to shove my whole stack to defend the honor of my ladies... and find that this is where I am... in need of a lot of help. Sadly, it never arrived. I think I'll stop playing the ladies. Hard lesson learned, dropping like $27 right then and there on that table. I logged off and dreamed of my next bad beat. I still hate this friggin' game!

That's all for now... have a good week folks, and I'll see you next Sunday at NDPT #16 at the Eagles!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: