Saturday, October 04, 2008

Sigh...

I went out first at the Yanok game last night. No love... On the flip side of failure, I was making some good reads, and made moves that I was proud of. Laying down pocket Queens when I knew I was beat... sometimes there is a sense of Nirvana even in defeat. Unfortunately the maniacs do still give me some trouble. If you can't legitimately put them on a hand, unless you're looking at the nuts every time, there's little room for error. I was crippled by Jerry when I hit top pair on the flop from the BB. He called from out of position with a 3-5 and straighted on the river. I would be more critical... BUT there's a lesson here that tells me that in order to really be successful and drag big pots, you've got to blind-side your opposition sometimes. Play the hands that they never see coming. They will tend to make more money than will the big pocket pairs, including the elusive Aces! I didn't play like a NIT, last night, but I just couldn't get it together. I took myself out with an ill-times bluff against Jeff, who had unfortunately hit 2nd pair. No harm, no foul. I headed home and fired up Bodog, played two SNG's and cashed (low) in both of them, but still a few bucks is a few bucks.

South won the football game last night, absolutely creaming Washington High 45-0, and the second half was with out 2nd string playing. Great Job Patriots! It's great to put another one in the "W" column especially for Homecoming. Congrats!

We're headed over to the Rempel's "Fiesta" very shortly. We'll see many of you here very shortly.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: