Thursday, October 23, 2008

80's alert

I'll start regrowing the mullet and fire up my Bic lighter after reading this article:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20235258,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Some of the couplings that they can come up with! If you didn't bother going to read the article, it's talking about Taylor Swift and (brace yourself) Def Leppard performing TOGETHER! Somewhere the horsemen of the apocalypse are saddling up... No, actually it's true. CMT (Country Music Television for my Country and Western challenged brethren) will begin airing on Friday a video of country pop starlet singing along to the Def Leppard classic song from DEEP in the 80's Photograph! AND get this, it's actually a promotion of an upcoming CROSSROADS concert special on CMT of them all performing. The 18-year-old Swift came along 6 years AFTER Joe Elliot and the boys burst onto the music scene with this hit off of the Pyromania album. I can't tell you how many batteries I went through playing that "cassette" on my Sony Walkman!!! I even wore the tape out. Then, later bought the CD, and finally permanently added it to the iPod music collection. But I've strolled way off topic and down memory lane.

I don't know that I'd have ever put Taylor Swift and Def Leppard together but I'll very likely have to give the concert special a looksee when it airs on November 7th. Who among you is not practicing your "air-guitar" routine to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" right now?

No comments: