Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays and flu shots always get me down

Yesterday's flu shot, today's overcast/dreary weather, or that I'm old and fat... Among these is the reason for my overall feeling of "malaise" or a serious case of the blahs! Could this day feel any more like Monday? Sheesh! I did manage to squeeze in both a treadmill run at lunch yesterday and lifted when I got home from work. I'm hoping to run again today, but I can already tell it's not going to be necessarily pleasant. I just have the feeling that I'd like to go back home and crawl into bed, and wake a few days later. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily it's a slow day. So, although there's little to exert the brain over, there is a certain lack of motivation to even get through the day. Still, here I sit. Anyway, mumble/grown/mumble...

I did manage to squeeze in some poker last night for about an hour. I two-tabled on Bodog at the NLHE max $25 tables. Nothing spectacular to report, just tried to follow some of the tips that were offered up by Harrington on Hold'em, Cash Games. Taking position to a whole new level. Considering the chip stacks of others a little better. Waiting/picking my spots. Leading out on unclaimed pots with lower than my usual suited connectors. Avoiding trouble hands. Not relying on the results of the board cards to detract from the overall system of play. It is by no means cut and dried. But what I did find was that my raises did cloak the strength of my hands. Actually let me make some money on pocket Kings once. My late position raise with them, didn't particularly gain the respect they were due. Then, my opponent found it hard to believe that I actually hit the set when the King fell. In his defense he did get out at the river, but I got paid through the turn, which was nice. All told, I cashed out with $12.10 more than I started with. At the stakes I was playing that's not terrible for an hours work.

Unfortunately, wins simply make me want to win more.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Feel good......