Thursday, April 09, 2009

Off Grid


I went briefly off grid this morning. Perhaps not as "off grid" as some but it was far enough for me. Around 8:30am a substance let's call it "water" came in contact with a component, let's call it a "power supply" which provides a device, let's call it my "computer" with electricity to do stuff, which I loosely refer to as "work!" So, I went low tech for a while, and actually found a great many things to occupy the time. There were particularly two big IT issues to be dealt with, but my involvement was to disseminate information to the affected parties and make a number of calls and brief the management chain. In the absence of massive computing prowess ... argh argh... I had only wit and wisdom to call upon. In short, since I couldn't dazzle with brilliance; I was forced to baffle with bullshit. Finally, as a number of pseudo crises had run their course and fizzled out, my buddy and desktop support guru, Mike W arrived and got me back in business again. Of course now, no one needs a damn thing.

Hope all is well with each of you. I've got baseball practice for my 9 and 10 year olds tonight. Later of course is Eagles drawing night, and a well deserved libation or so! Tomorrow night, again at the Eagles there will be a Texas Hold'em tournament for a max of 50 people... but yours truly will be unable to attend. Instead, taking the high minded approach and familial responsibility seriously... and living up to the "dad" part of cheer_dad... I'm staying at home with my son and being a good guy. In my absence you may feel free to lose your money to the ever lovely and talented Big Red. Beware her crazy mad skills in the cash game afterward. And she Oma-ha-ha's your suggestions of playing Omaha, and will take your hard earned cash in an equally demoralizing display. Don't say I didn't warn you all!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: