Monday, April 13, 2009

Relax?


Relax? On a day off, yeah not so much. I seriously consider going back to 5 eight-hour days after I have my "every-other-Monday" off. Of course, today the kids were at home as well, due to their Spring Break. I hop out of bed and head straight outside to mow the lawn, followed by weed-eating, and of course sweeping up the grass clippings, unlike some of the other motherless fracks in the neighborhood. Then, I bark out some orders to the kids, just to let 'em know I'm still sorta in charge. It was overly tough stuff. Shower, get dressed and pseudo make your beds, was all they got from me. Then, I take a quick shower and grab the grocery list and it's off to Wally World! On the way there, I stop to buy a shirt from the Eagles, to take over to the Shirt Factory Sporting Goods shop so they can duplicate the logo that is to go on our baseball team's shirt. Oh yeah, and I quick drop off of a prescription for the lil blond girl... and finally I'm off to Wal-Mart now. I get all my shopping done, only texting Whit 3 times to make sure I was getting the right girlie-girl supplies. Then, I checkout and unload the cart into my truck, which I have to cram stuff into, having forgotten that my backseat looks more like the baseball dugout than a truck seat. Anyway, I get it all in there, stop back by the pharmacy grab the drugs and finally head home. There, I unload and put everything away... and I'm preparing to sit down for 5 minutes, when Cole asks, "what's for lunch?" So, soup and grilled cheese sandwiches all around for everyone, and I finally realize I haven't eaten yet today, no wonder the temples are throbbing a bit. While eating, I go ahead and get started on a pot of chili for tonight's meal. I know, aren't I quite the saucier? I know, whatev... Then, I get started on what will become 6 loads of laundry. I swear, there's only 4 of us, are they bringing over their friends stuff too? Finally, Big Red arrives after a long day at work, and instead of me resting I feel the spare tire trying to shove over my belt and figure I better get myself downstairs to do some weight training. Tomorrow begins the running regimen during the lunch hour, that will see me through to the next weekend.

At any rate, I finally sat down, here at the computer to bang out this quickie blog post to tell all my blogladytes how I spent my relaxing day at home with the kids, doing nothing. There are a number of mental illnesses which start out just like this... : )

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: