Friday, April 03, 2009

Poker at the Yanok's house

The Yanok tournament is tonight. Well I guess it's actually tournaments, since we always play two games. It promises to be a lively crowd, I'll leave it at that! : ) Big Red and I are playing in both games, and I have little worry about the game going late. Not that it won't, but with as rainy and nasty as it has been here today, there's no way the baseball fields are going to be usable tomorrow morning for practice. I refuse to make the kids come out and wallow around in the mud. It's a game people, we're not solving world hunger here. Perhaps I'm not your idea of the uber-coach. Ask me if I care. I do this baseball coaching gig nearly every year, and it is NOT about the parents or to keep up with some testosterone infused coach on another team who is trying to relive his glory days. I'm there for the kids. I'm there for my kid. I'm hoping they're having fun while learning the game and staying active. If your idea includes winning at all costs, and verbally and mentally abusing the kids into submission, then perhaps we should just disagree from here on out. How 'bout it.

I will definitely be taking a power nap when I get home from work to prepare for the night to come. It's been a chore keeping the peepers open today at work. Sorry boss! I stayed up a little after the drawing last night at the Eagles and did a little four tabling on Bodog, and made $20. Still gotta climb outa my online hole, but it's NOT going to happen overnight. Wins come slow and steady. Losses happen like lightning! And unlike real lightning... it can and will strike the same spot twice.

Hope all is well with each of you, have a great weekend. Channel me your good vibes and luck for tonight's games. Unless of course you find yourself amongst the competition! In which case, "my vipers will feast upon your dead eyes!"

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: