Sunday, May 03, 2009

Can I Still Call Her My Baby Girl?


If my daughter Whitney continues to grow up and become an exquisite young woman, can I still call her my baby girl? Regardless of whether I should... I will and you all know it! Not that I'm biased, but isn't she lovely? She is shown here preparing to head off to Parkersburg South Prom 2009, with the "boy-child" oh okay, he's boyfriend Jordan. Alright I'll cut him some slack too. He is quite the gentleman and a very nice young man. He didn't show up at the door to find me cleaning a gun or anything.


Here's another shot of Whitney along with one of her friends Lexi, also a very lovely young lady! They are shown here overlooking the Ohio River from Fort Boreman Park here in Parkersburg, WV. The building shown to the right (just above the stone wall) is the building in which I spend my workweek.

Finally, of all the pictures from the "pre-prom" posing, this one, I think is my favorite. Unrehearsed, without the pose, laughter, emotion captured. They're having a good time, and that's what it's all about, isn't it? There's not enough joy in the world, today... but I think my baby girl found it here in this moment of time.

I thought maybe some of you might relate. I thought I'd just take the time to show off my daughter, and share... a father's pride!


Regards,

cheer_dad

2 comments:

BWoP said...

You have a beautiful daughter.

For the record, my parents still refer to me as their "baby girl."

I'm 34.

It will never change :-)

SirFWALGMan said...

Id hit that without a blindfold or a case of beer. erm, I mean, yes, She is lovely.