Saturday, May 02, 2009

Pokery Frustrations & Musings

As I said I hung out here at the house last night, with the kids instead of heading out with the poker collective to the Eagles tournament. Big Red actually cashed in the thing, doubling her money. She said something about her pocket Jacks getting knocked out by a straight on the river. It's always the river isn't it! I did take on some poker myself last night as well, out here on the aforementioned intertubes. It was a miserable down, up, down again experience. I took a $40 hit online last night. And you ALL know how protective I am of the little bit o' cash I have online. I might as well be playing in the nosebleed stakes with Durr and Hansen, about now. But looking back my impression of the night goes like this.

I don't know where the knuckle-dragging minimum raiser douchebags crowd came from recently out on Bodog, but I sincerely wish they'd go back to wherever the fuck it is they came from. Hell I should have just logged off when I saw their infestation of the tables. You know I play .10/.25 NLHE almost exclusively online (would love to move up, but that ain't happenin' as long as I keep rolling over the same dollars and cents of a stagnant/up/down/break-even bankroll.) But I'm watching over and over a whole slew of these guys showing up making a minimum raise at the table preflop, from whatever position they happen to be in. It's not pot building, it just slows shit down dick weeds! Sure from first position, you're pretending to straddle, but you don't get last action before the cards come out. And from the button, or one of the blinds, doing it, is just grinding the pace of the game down to a slow crawl. I'm playing four tables at a time... and frequently finding myself sitting there with my thumb up my ass, while the moron who seems to have the 9600 baud modem tries to learn which button of the mouse he's supposed to push. Hey numbnuts, stick your head in the oven! AHHHH, that felt good to get that out. I think now I understand the recent post, "http://katitude.ca/2009/04/because-its-been-a-while-aka-fuck-x24/" by Katitude over at her blog. She let the ole F-bombs flow... and you know it just feels good every once in a while to point out to the world in general that there are far too many fucktards sucking the very life out of us all!

So, yeah there was a DEGREE of tilt involved in last night's game. : P But the hands which cost me so dearly were things like a flopped set of 7's, being rivered by the guy holding the 8-4os. Special circle in hell, sir, special circle... Raising preflop with AQs, hitting Ace on the flop, betting getting called, then turning a queen, getting all giddy with my bad poker playing self, rammajammin' it up for the uber kill, only to get the insta call from the slow played pocket rockets who must've truly gotten wood from me betting and raising into him. Hell, why raise, I was doing his work for him. How is it, only I was getting involved with the monster hands, with NORMALLY very profitable hands. Instead last night the headline could have read, "this just in... Cheer_dad Steps On Dick!" I saw so many flushes and straights chased off the very ends of the planet to hit. I got my money in good at least three times with monster flopped top two pair hands only to get called by the guy with the luck sack gut shot straight draw decidin' he just felt lucky and didn't have any place else in particular to be. You sir, can keep company with the other dude in the special circle of hell.

Bodog makes the boo-boo all better with a $5.00 credit for points and time played. Gee thanks. Bandaids for gunshot wounds... works every time. Maybe whoever it was that sat their coffee cup down on the DOOM SWITCH for cheer_dad could maybe pick it back up and even give me a copy of their work shift, so I can schedule my play time for a bit more productive time period.

Anywho, so I'm frustrated, not dead, not out, far from it. Just tired of this endless sea on which I seem to be struggling to tread. I'll hang in there. I may actually consider however cashing out from Bodog for a while in favor of somewhere else, perhaps Poker Stars or Full Tilt. If for nothing else I could look for a good Bonus offer for which I could Bonuswhore for a while. Maybe I'm just a break even player, and that's the only way it'll be profitable. I can't really believe that, but I'm not arrogant enough to believe that I can beat this game of poker at will.

Hope things pokery, are going a bit better for you my blogladites!

Regards,

cheer_dad

2 comments:

Katitude said...

And that is exactly why I have to do those posts...vent then you can smile and get on with your day ;-)

Smarta88 said...

Should've played at the Eagle's!!!
At least Red could've carried you!!!
;-)