Friday, May 08, 2009

Kick me!


Well now. A momentary lapse in the action allows for the now only occasional post to ye olde blog! The new work life, provides no dull moments in need of filling with my snappy wit and outtakes on life. Sure does make the day go by though. Just a couple of hours left in the day, and a 3-day weekend is mine. Last night, Team Eagles (baseball) put one in the WIN column. The stars of the game, were new found team phenom Reece, who got us started on the mound. Batters beware, he's bringing laser accuracy. He was followed by the machine that is Bryce, who didn't give up a single run in those last 3 innings! Might have only given up a single hit. There was one other hit, but that resulted in a snag by our next star on the eve, Drew who snagged the ground ball heater and fired it to first base for the out. We hit the ball a little better on the night, and the boys played with discipline and zip last night. Cole performed well from the catcher's spot in the last 3 innings, and was once again "The Wall!" It's like watching the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object when Bryce and Cole are in sync. In time I think they could do some damage. I want to continue to foster the good interaction between them. Tonight, I head back to the ball park to umpire a game, if there's no rain that is. My back hasn't recovered yet from the last stint. It's a coaches life.

I wish there were good poker news to relay of the cheer_dad's exploits, but there is NONE. I tried some cards last night for about an hour, hour and a half-ish. I found myself with some friggin' MONSTER hands. And hand by hand, got 'em rammed straight up a rather uncomfortable orifice. Ouchie! I opted to dispense with slow-play, and no fuckin' around! I got a hand, I played it. From last position I look down at AA. Demz da rockets boys!!! I make it $1.60 preflop to go... which is like 7.5X the BB hoping to take it down right there, since damn near everyone was calling. And still I wind up with 2 callers. The flop is uncoordinated, and missing paint, and I ram it all, as if to say screw this, lemme have it. Unfortunately I'd been slow played, by the guy to my right... who'd hit his Set of fours. It was over then, and Bodog punctuated the point by giving him QUADS on the river. Rebuy on Table MISERY!!! A few hands later... I call a raise preflop with pocket 7's. I flop my set, and again, no tricks boys and girls, just ram it in, get it done. Single caller of the all-in, flips up the rockets this time, and Rivers a FOUR FRIGGIN'FRUSH. Hell it was even CRUBS!!! I do manage to double up on another table, when a suited AK actually makes the NUT flush for the win. Yes, I need the dead on nuts to win a pot tonight. A few minutes later... I look down at KK, and again I'm not gonna be weak, due to a bad run, so I'm shoving big preflop again like 7-8X the BB. Still two callers! I flop a set of Kings. And can't get rid of anyone. Four cards to a flush, friggin' CRUBS again!!! AND here I am whistlin' in the dark like a scared little boy. Villain rams it ALL, which is no sizeable (yeah this is the table I'd just connected with AK on! I drop this time, and lick my wounds. Other caller was already all-in with the call, so I got to see the nut crub frush displayed in all its glory! I finally logoff. Having gone el busto on one $25 buyin table twice, remarkably the other table grinds, pulled it out of the toilet so bad for me. So, instead of down $50, I walked away minus $16. Don't I just run GGGGGOOOOOOODDDDD at da pokers!!! The Bodog Doom Switch is stuck. Cheer_dad's got a "kick me" sign on his back.

I wasn't going to, but feeling like a real loser on Bodog. I think I'm finally gonna pull the plug on the account. Cash out, head somewhere else, maybe the change will do me good. Maybe I suck, maybe I don't. I'm gonna take some of what's left and buy PokerTracker and maybe it'll help me find the leaks in my game. But what if I don't uncover any, it's just all been a string of horrific luck. Running bad for so long is taking a toll, and creating self doubt, and questioning self worth.

To make matters worse, I play tonight at Yanok's after umpiring. 2nd game only, Big Red will be there for both. Then, tomorrow Rummer has invited us to a card game we've never attended. May the pots be fat and the players be donks. I could use to put one in the WIN column like the boys did last night.

Regards,

cheer_dad

P.S. It just dawned on me why I've been running so poorly as I prepared to post this latest entry to the blog. My last post which has been sitting out here since my last mobile phone post about Uncle June becoming el presidente... was Post #666. Doh! Why doesn't somebody tell me these things!

1 comment:

BWoP said...

Sorry to hear about the crubs.

I hit a nasty stretch in early April - took some time away, analyzed my mistakes, tried to move on.

Just keep making smart decisions. It will turn around.