Saturday, May 09, 2009

The weekend so far...

Last night I umpired a game for 4 innings, until the lightning flashes started and they called it. Before that happened though I took a few hard knocks from a baseball. Despite the guards and pads, the pitchers with the rocket arms definitely got a piece of me. I took a shot to my shoulder that made my whole arm go numb for a little while. Then not five minutes later, they hit the other arm, just above the elbow. Today the bruises are getting colorful. But anyway, I finished at the ballpark, and then got cleaned up and headed over to the Yanok's for the 2nd tournament of the night. I also drank HEAVY to kill some of the pain in my arms. I know, I know poker and alcohol is not the proper approach... but hey I ended up chopping it with Jerry at the end of the night. Yes, kids, cheer_dad wins MOBNEYS! Yeeeahhhh ME! We each got $150. Of course let's not forget Big Red, who in game one took down the top spot of $180!!! As a follow up to her success tonight (Saturday) she and I headed out with Rummer and Matt to a game we'd never attended before. I bubbled in both of them, BUT once again Red chopped in BOTH!!! She took down another $180! She gots her some crazy mad pokah skills! The game tonight could be a VERY profitable venue. A bunch of weak fishies. Lots of bizarre rules (or really a lack of them) that created some interesting circumstances. But I didn't argue with anything, and didn't try to turn into the Rules of Poker Nit, but wow they should pick up a book every once and a while. But as Matt put it... "when in Rome!" We traded looks and laughs throughout the night. It was a really good time, despite the fact that I merely donated my $40. Red carried us for the night! If I can't win... at least she does, so the evening isn't a total washout. Congrats baby!

But the weekend hasn't been ALL about poker. The baseball team had practice today at 11:30 for a couple of hours. It was a good time, and the boys really performed well for us, on the recent heels of a victory a few days ago. I'm hoping they continue to learn and grow as a team.

It's been a long couple of days, and I'm tired and actually starting to nod off a bit, so I should wrap up. Oh, but I will also mention that I finally hit the cash-out button on Bodog, to go look for some greener poker pastures for a while. Try my luck elsewhere, maybe chase a bonus or so.

Hope all is good with all of you!

Regards,

cheer_dad

3 comments:

BWoP said...

Congrats to the both of you.

The big question is: in a heads up match, who would win? Big Red or you?

:-)

cheer_dad said...

I won't even attempt to answer that... I choose life! :P

Regards,

cheer_dad

BWoP said...

Good call :-)