Sunday, June 24, 2007

First tourney of the year...over for us : (

Well gang, the Murrays are back in town, having spent the weekend on the road to Athens and back...and forth again...and back, for our first All-Star Tournament of the season. Sadly, it did not go well for the boys. Out of the four games we played, we only chalked up a single win. I think I feel more dejected than the boys do. I'm definitely more hoarse than anyone else, players or parents. They tried, I really believe that they did. Just weren't focused enough to get the job done. So many of the top players were hitting poorly, popping up and getting caught. And remarkably we were striking out from time to time. This team of boys just didn't look like the same group that had been tearing up the practice field. I guess everyone can choke from time to time. But we're getting together this evening to practice...and hopefully iron out some of the wrinkles that really killed us out there yesterday and today. Baserun errors, and infield fielding were KILLING US!!! I'm racking my brain to figure out how I can help the boys to do better. I'm not one of the coaches...I'm just one of the guys helping to keep the dugout organized and herding the boys. : ) But I feel the pain and stress just like everyone else. I want to see all of them do well, not just Cole. And I know he's not as good as some of the others. But I want more than anything for this to be an enjoyable, positive experience for him. I want him to look forward to this, and strive to achieve it again next year. So keep your fingers crossed about the rest of our season. Win or lose...we'll do it as a team.

I'm here at the house alone now. Cole's up the street playing at Nick's house. Big Red and Whit, headed for the mall, so I'm working on laundry and catching up on email, and stealing a few moments for online poker. Going okay on Carbon Poker so far. Bonus Chasin' once again! Live play at Shuman's on Friday night was not good...but I did it to myself. Although I got busted off of my A-Ksoooooted like 5 friggin' times. I ran in to JR's Aces to go out the last time, but I had a garbage hand that time, and was just trying to steal and suck out. By that time...having bought in for the final time (in for $60 total) I was on mondo tilt, and I knew it. I got busted on Big Slick once by AQsooted by JJ, when he flopped the NUT FLUSH! I just couldn't bring myself to believe him. Luckily, Big Red true to form as of late was on a ROLL!!! She carried me (us rather.) She bought in for $20, and cashed out for just over $100! ATTA GIRL! Of course I can continue to play poker poorly. When the cards just don't come your way, particularly in THAT game...I need to sit back and wait. Unfortunately, I'd vested too much interest and desire in this game, since I know I'm not able to play as often as I'd like. I need to focus on playing well when I get the chance, instead of seeking out the rush of winning, I played too many hands even for the loose level that I play in that game. Of course, maybe I'm getting all the "losing" out of my system before I hit VEGAS! Thursday Night People!!! I'll be staring at a big bright spot in the Desert! I'm excited and ready to go. While I'm spacing out mulling over this trip, I'll bring this post to a close.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: