Saturday, June 16, 2007

On your mark, get set...


I've got a BUSY DAY on tap for today!

I did manage to sleep in until 8:00AM, which I really needed, but the rest of this day is going to be an absolute blur, people. I have to have Whitney at Godbey Field at 9:45 for pictures. Then leave there and head to Mineral Wells for her softball game at 11:00. Around NOON, Teresa will get there with Cole to take over, and allow me to drive (with Cole) for his All-Stars practice at 1:00 way down at Tri-C fields. Then, Whitney has to leave the ballfields (game over or not) by around 1:15, so she can get to Dance Clinic and tryouts with the Ohio Valley All-Stars. Yes, you'll recall that name as O-V-A, from her previous lifetime of cheerleader and dancer. This go around she just wants to try the dance thing...sans cheerleading. Either way, I'm okay with it!


Cole and I will likely finish up All Stars practice at around 3:00. Then, I'll head home, get him fed...and cleaned up (self as well.) I'll have to make sure everything is ready here at the house, get ice (and beer) and get ready for tonight's NDPT Event #6, and the 25 players that will be converging on the house tonight! I'm hopeful, no confident... :) that tonight's MY NIGHT! Okay, as long as I'm not first out, and am having a Good Time.


Thought for the day is "Missed Opportunities Are Worse Than Making Mistakes." That was the title of a post from the Probloggers Blog that I have on my iGoogle page. It has a double meaning at least for me. They were referring to making money on their blogs, and marketing themselves. Which I wouldn't mind doing either, but to me it has a greater meaning in my Poker playing. We are all going to make mistakes at the tables, but the even bigger problem is not capitalizing on the opportunities in front of us. Making the next bet, betting higher, stealing the pots, observing reactions, surviving the round...all these things affect your bankroll and you would be advised to seize every opportunity like a ravenous dog. So, tonight NDPT'ers if I snarl at you and growl a little...you'll understand.


See you tonight!


Regards,


cheer_dad

No comments: