Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Whacked

Ever start to feel like you're at the table with these guys? Not that they're good at the game, skill wise, but wise guys with an edge. Maybe I really am in the midst of a horrific trend, maybe the deck really has gone cold, maybe I just suck at this game, I love so much. Maybe this is addiction! Maybe I should stop saying maybe! I know quitcherbitchin! I've just never had such a run in which doing the right thing goes so far awry. Making the smart choices, making the right moves, call/fold/raise at the right time, and then have it turn out all upside down by the river. Hey I know "that's poker," but it's the surrounding trends which perplex. The one guy at the table who fires every time, at the right time...the only guy who shouldn't have even been in the hand since before the flop comes out big on top. Every time, all the time. Watching your monster hands, even when you DON'T bother to raise them preflop, pull down ONLY the blinds. Everyone, and I mean everyone folding to you. I don't think the online cardrooms are rigged, and I don't think they have a magic SMITE button. But I'm not entirely convinced that the algorithms in place aren't being rooted out by the script kiddies and cheats. Maybe all of this is just sour grapes! All I know is what used to be a small profit playing style, has turned way south. I'm watching not the tight aggressors profit, but the donk-packs cleaning up and laughing all the way to the bank. I know..."in the longrun!" Well how long's this marathon o' cards gonna go? The frustrating thing is that money is difficult to get online anymore. So you hate to drop any change anywhere. I had $400 easily movable dollars online. Now I'm left with $220 unless I can figure out how to squeeze out another 120 hands on 20 BUCKS. This will at least bring me back to $320-ish. All told online I'm at over $1,000 but I've been up further than that, but dropped some uber levels for my puny little bankroll. I guess I'm just reeling from the feeling here folks. When it gets like this folks it's not much fun. It's no fun at all. But I'm not going to walk on the $100 bonus. I'm at least going to play through to claim that small pittance. So hang on to it boys...I'll be coming for it. Then I'll hit the cashout to EcoCard button, and move it to some other site, for some other bonus chase. Enough about the poker already!!!

All Stars practice tonight at 5:30...please let the boy not be tired and cranky! And Whit has a softball game. So it'll be a busy night for your truly and family! The weekend will be just as bad too. Card game at the Yanok's on Friday. Concert in Pittsburgh on Saturday. All Stars on Sunday. Thank goodness Monday will be my AWS day, but oh hey, I've got a baseball game that night!!! It never ends.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: