Monday, June 04, 2007

It wouldn't be so bad...but



Like the title says, " It wouldn't be so bad...but the players who've been beating me online have been donks. Really, I'm not just being bitter here, just calling it like I see it. I've been a punching bag to these unprepared young punks, who then get a confidence booster by sucking out and think that's the way to roll. I swear there are days I wish I could hunt them down. I know, I'm tilting a bit. It's hard to run this bad and not feel a little down trodden. There's just no place to find comfort. I found a little at the Wolfe's game I guess. I got knocked out of the tourney, but have only myself to blame. I sucked out once against Matt, w/ my least favorite hand, which I NEVER EVER play (KJos) and turned it into a straight against his AQs. Then later I donk it off against Jim with an AJos against his AQs. Big Red on the other hand played a fine game and took down her first 1st Place Finish! You Go GIRL! Congratulations...now where's my cut! I did manage to bounce back ever so slightly in the cash game afterwards. Being restricted to a $10 initial buy in w/.25 blinds NL is a little crazy, but we all still do it. I would prefer to at least start with $20-$25. But whatever, I made money at it, cashing out for $54, at the end of the night, still playing on the initial $10. Profit for the night...$24, since I have to count the tourney and the cash game. That does little to bounce me back from the $100 shellacking took online. It would be so bad but that's a chunk of available online money for Pete's sake. It's hard to get it out there anymore! As JJ has advised me...I need to go back to the fundamentals for a while, and play for the sheer enjoyment of the thing, and stop the chasing which I know I'm doing.


I spent Sunday afternoon at the ball fields for Cole's All Stars practice. I'm very proud of him...of the way he's stepped up already. How much better he looks when playing with people that are so good. He's hustling, he's getting it done. He's not perfect and he's not the best kid out there, but he's learning so much and really putting forth the effort. If only we'd been able to get that level out of him on the One Community Team! But, I think these coaches will bring out the monster in him, that I know is there, and he hasn't even dreamed of. Yes, you can tell I really am proud!


Today has however been a wasted day, at least for me. Mondays just are NOT my friend! Why did I have to lose my AWS day Monday, every week, and now instead only getting it every other. I have read that the 2007 WSOP has awarded it first bracelet to Steve Billirakis who picked up $536,287 in prize money when he won the first event, $5000 Mixed Hold'em. He also became the youngest player to win an event, having celebrated his 21st birthday just 10 days ago! According to Prof's Vegas Poker Blog , "he defeated a premium field of 451 players including many of poker's superstars. Norm Chad asked him to clarify his statement that he would go back to school when he was done with poker, mainly when would that be? He replied, "When I have more bracelets than Phil Hellmuth."" Is he entering into the thing with Fear and Ignorance, or Fear and Arrogance. Either way, my congratulations to the lad!


Well it's time to get back to it.


Regards,


cheer_dad

No comments: