Friday, June 22, 2007

Weekend Agenda

Here's my weekend schedule:
Friday night: Big Red and I will be headed over to Shuman's for return of his "Friday Night Cash Game." We'll probably show up over there at least for a little while. We'll have to leave before the hour gets too "WEE" since the rest of the weekend is chocked full of activity all centered around BASEBALL!!!

Saturday: Depart house with the whole family, and Stephanie and Jeffrey in tow at 9:00am SHARP, headed for Athens Ohio.

Specific Destination is outlined here, http://athenssandlot.com/ under the Tournaments section. Yes, it's All-Star Tournament Time people! The boys are scheduled for games at 11:00, 1:00, and 5:00. If all goes well, they'll move on to Day 2 on Sunday, and who knows what that will bring. Believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to all of this. The team looks very good. There's a lot of talented ballplayers on this team. This is Cole's first year in All-Stars, so I'm sure there's a lot for him yet to learn. BUT, even now, I've seen marked improvement in him. When he's focused and on top of things, he's tough out there. If the coaches can convince him of his size and bulk with a bat in his hand, he's going to really crush the ball for them. I'm happy NOT to be coaching. I'm learning a lot just watching these two who are so much better at it. They have experience in this game. I do not. I was a musician...not a jock. Although I should get off my backside and get back in to running again. The belt line is getting more snug than I'd like. I don't like the guy who keeps looking back at me from the other side of the mirror. Not only is he old and gray...but chubby too!

Sunday: I'm sure the boys will be back for Day 2, since there's no questioning their talent. They could go ALL THE WAY! Keep your fingers crossed for them.

Monday: Thank goodness it's my AWS day, and work will not be there to tear me down. : )

As for the rest of next week, I work Tuesday, Wednesday, and part of Thursday. Only part of Thursday because I'll be getting ready to drive to Columbus Airport...destination SIN CITY BABY!!! Viva Las Vegas Time, a.k.a. Rednecks in Paradise! I am so charged up for this I can't stand it. The only downside to the trip is that while Big Red and I are gone, Cole has another baseball tournament in Vienna, WV, that we're going to have to miss. He won't, we're going to have "grandmas and friends" take him. The friends Stephanie and Jeff have a boy on the team as well, so they don't mind. Besides we told them we would take care of Jeff, during one of the weekend tourneys when they are both tied up. So life has a way of working out. Which is good, because I really didn't want this weighing on my mind. Teresa and I really need this Vegas trip. Just to spend some time together, and enjoy one another's company. Also, we need some down time from the daily grind that work has been lately.

A post I came across on http://www.upforanything.net/poker/ by Otis titled Face in the Crowd, really got me to thinking about down time. He was remarking that he felt a little lost...and just basically not himself. I think I'm there right now too. But reading someone else's comments on it has really fired me up, and got the mind working again. The cobwebs are clearing a bit. Maybe he struck a chord with me...maybe misery just loves company. Either way, I feel a little better. So much so, that I posted a comment back to his post. Hopefully he reads these, and finds a pearl of wisdom in there somewhere.

I've been considering submitting my writing sample to another blog site to take over a Poker Blog that they have, but I don't know if I can commit the kind of time and effort that it deserves. I don't know that I'm in a position to be any source of interest on the topic either. I'll continue to debate the issue in my own mind, unless some sign points in one direction or the other.

Have a great weekend all!

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Brad "Otis" Willis said...

thanks for stopping by, man. Your thoughts were appreciated.