Friday, June 15, 2007

Angst for the rest of us

I've had this window up since yesterday, and intended to write something profound in it for that long...or longer, to ultimately post up to the ole blog; but there's just been a big nothing there all day long. Nada! I'd like to tell you that had changed, but it would be a lie. And poker players never do that. EVER! Okay, well this time it's true, nothing earth shattering has entered my pea-sized brain worth writing about, so as usual you're stuck with the same old fluff.

I just read a heart-felt, gut wrenching, angst-laden post by Pauly from over at the Tao of Poker (http://taopoker.blogspot.com/) Wow...are you feelin' a little bitter there little camper? I could picture was Denis Leary making this speech/rant, and getting a standing ovation at the end of a comedy concert. He made that teenage angst for the tweeners AND thweeners a friggin' trademark. Pauly nearly took it to a new level. When he wandered through the ruination of downtown Las Vegas, I swear he was channeling Alec Baldwin's character from The Cooler. I'm surprised he didn't make an anti-Steve-Wynn comment to go along with the extensive, thesaurus exhaustive post. As long, and drawn out, and painful as it all was, I urge you to read along, and drink it in. All in all I loved it! Check it out for yourself like I said at http://taopoker.blogspot.com/ topic "WSOP Day 14: Lost Paradise." Atta boy Pauly!!! I can feel the itch from here! And that itch comes from a good many of the things you mentioned in this blog post! Some you can obtain an ointment for or something out of a syringe...others...not so much!

JR brought me a DVD of all of the pictures and videos that he took at the Kenny Chesney concert. My favorite, aside from those depicting a sleeping Frank (leader of the Wolfe Pack,) is this little beauty! Blurred and hopelessly jagged, and nothing to do with the concert, except for the fact that it's the Pittsburgh skyline, more closely resembling what the majority of the crowd in our section of the stadium was actually seeing during this concert. This picture has become my desktop wallpaper for the time being, and for the foreseeable future until something better comes along. Between the tailgating the cooler of beer, margaritas, and "Black Haus" we drank on the way up. : ) It's a wonder any of us have a liver left! If ever any of us is an organ donor...refuse that one folks, really! It can only lead you awry...or toward the RYE anyway!

Whit had softball last night, I spent most of the night throwing my arm out playing catch with Cole, and then later with some of the other kids running around. The twins really are adorable. Cole has baseball tonight...last regular season game. WAHOO! Tomorrow, Whit has pix at 10:00, game at 11:00 at a DIFFERENT FIELD, Cole has All-Stars practice at 1:00. Whitney has Dance Try Outs for Ohio Valley All-Stars from 2:00-4:00...and then we round it ALL off with NDPT Tournament #6. Yeah...POKER...I know. I'm really Jonesin'! I know all that sounds hectic...and it is, but it's only going to get WORSE, throughout the summer, what with the All Star schedule that Cole's going to have. But hey, what else is life for anyway!

I'll be the blur on the way to and from the ball fields.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: