Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Is it over yet? Vegas awaits!

Monday was just more than I could withstand at work. I don't like Mondays. I never have. I used to be off every Monday, and then I moved up the foodchain, and became a Team Lead, and it was decided that "leads" can't work 4 x 10's. Instead only the 5-4-9 thing is available. So I can work like 45hrs week 1 and then 35hrs week 2. That does get me a 3-day weekend every other week. But I'm spoiled, and it used to get me out of Monday's altogether. But that's the price. Anyway, let's get back on track. I didn't go to work on Tuesday...(cough, cough) and that helped shorten the work week. A bunch of us opted on Monday night to go to Texas Roadhouse. Every Monday (we learned) they have $1 Margs and draft beer, all night! I may never miss a Monday there again! After we finished up there, we all headed back over to our house and threw together a card game. Matt, Jody, Frank, Julie, Mike, Sally, Scott, Teresa, and I played in this cash game. $10 buy in... for $10 in chips. Blinds .25 and .25... Big Red and I both had to rebuy early on for another $10. But before the night was over, and after the dust settled, we both cashed out for over $80 each. Not bad for an unplanned pickup game. Big Red in particular is on a ROLL people, stay out of her way! Since the first game of this month over at the Wolfe's (where she won) and then at the Yanok's (where I won both tourney's of the night, and then at our monthly tourney Teresa won the tourney, and I did VERY well in the cash game) and then Monday's pick up game, between the 2 of us, we've made a profit of in the neighborhood of $800+. And we've actually been able to squirrel some of it away, in the secondary account. That'll help finance the Vegas trip which comes up now in just a few short days!!! I can almost hear the incessant bells and whistles from the slots, the clang of quarters hitting the tray, the sound of chips being raked my direction at the poker tables, and the taste of a good stiff comped drink. (Shudder...excuse me I think I need a moment.)
AHHH! Sorry, I went to my happy place there for a bit.
Shuman announced his cash game for this Friday, but I don't know yet if we'll be able to attend. This whole week is a whirlwind, which culminates in Cole's All Star (baseball) tournament in Athens, OH on Saturday and Sunday. I really don't know what to expect. I hope the boys do well. I hope Cole in particular gives it his all, and doesn't let his mind wander off. I want him to do well. I think that's what he actually wants this time too. All stars is a completely different animal compared to regular season ball, as odd as that seems. Wish us luck throughout the summer.

I'm up a few bucks on the Carbon Poker site, just playing at the .10/.25 NLHE tables. It's good practice, and the game has been enjoyable. If I can just stay on top of the cash on this promo. Of course I've go to accumlate 50,000 points to collect my $200 in bonus. 3 points are awarded per raked hand at the site, at least at the stakes I play.
The day drags onward...my eyes grow heavy. Good luck to each of you in your quest to stay awake.
Quote of the day: Overconfidence can lead to carelessness in decision-making. The poker gods can provide a run of bad cards that will make anyone look foolish.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: