Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Back a bit

Back to $176.19 on Bodog, after playing today. Was getting brutalized for a very long time, and feeling a little lousy over it too. But I flopped a straight when I was the BB, and unraised with a 10-Jos. I did make $$$ once with AKs, which surprised me. So, I didn't quite make it back to where I was yesterday before losing the $15...but it's a start. Right...? Okay, humor me! I also had a realization of sorts today. I played just over 300 hands in a couple hours, while two-tabling. To get in 300 hands at Wheeling Island, I would have needed 10 hours of continuous play, averaging 30 hands per hour, which at time would have been speedy in there. And like in Wheeling I was "incredibly" card dead, but then hit a few good ones, at the right time. My win % was not very high at all, and was actually below, what should happen randomly. Yes, I was below even 10%. I was at 8%, and actually made money, go figure. So, to put in perspective, a cold card session of a few hours shouldn't bother me so much. It just sucks to sit there and watch complete douchebags rake in the cash. Especially the complete cocky ASSES that seemed to occupy Wheeling tables in force on Sunday. I guess what I'm saying (aside from throwing obscenities at donks) is that the bad times live haven't been quite as bad as it seems, when you get right down to it. I fell into the trap of equating ring games and my tournament play of late. They are NOT the same things at all, and you should know that! Now, I have realized that I need to incorporate a couple of things into my game, which seem in line with even what is out on the PerformPoker.com site. Despite the fact that they are online methods, being described, the logic needs to be incorporated as well. Now, had I played COMPLETELY by the numbers as outlined there, while in Wheeling, I would have come back with less money than I started. Probably in about as bad of shape as I was. Few mistakes, other than a few frustration moves. Also, it might not have been a bad move against that frackin' "pretty boy" to push All-In when he raised on my BB, once or twice. Problem was, he was calling everything, and suckin' out on people more than pro at the Chicken Ranch. So, it might have been a futile attempt, so the best strategy was to wait for the big hand, which I wandered into with those pocket J's the one time against him, and I got everything I had left into the pot, and got him to call with a weaker hand. So, the system worked, my failing bankroll would not support it. I think I wanna focus for a while on the online game for a while, multi-tabling, putting the "system" to a bit of a test. Reclaiming some of my former online bucks, and some of the offline ones too. Give the ole ego a boost, HOPEFULLY! I'll keep you posted. Rare are the big wins, it comes slowly.

In other news...I'm feeling a little better, and may actually make it back to work tomorrow (Thursday) keep your fingers crossed.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: