Thursday, November 01, 2007

For cryin' out loud, cheer_dad FOCUS!

Welcome to my blog post of the day, fueled and inspired by The Pretenders...a singles triad, Tracks 7, 8, and 9, specifically "Message of Love," "Back on the Chain Gang," and "Middle of the Road." It's been in like forever since I've listened to this album. I've been blowing the dust off of a lot of my old stuff, and just quit before you start asking about my fargin' 8-track player. I've got your "olden days" right here, biyatch! Hey, this stuff is older than the stuff they're typically playing on 96.9 FM around here, the station which my daughter typically refers to as that "oldies station," when she rides in the truck with me. You can always walk little girl... Of course it makes me grin to watch/hear my son going through the house humming/singing "...mommy's alright...daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird..." courtesy of the Guitar Hero II game he got for his birthday, and of course to one of the best bands of all time Cheap Trick. Can I get a Hell Yeah! Okay, you there in the back, pipe down! Reminds me Frank, wasn't Cansas's fave song "Cherry Pie"!!! Many a day of misspent youth gone by. Ah memories. Some damn sure BETTER left unsaid.

So, we're into November now. You can feel a sense of urgency and tension beginning to mount, at least in the Murray house you can. Just going over things briefly with Big Red, and it looks like our weekends are nearly ALL spoken for from here on out through the remainder of the year. Starting with poker at the Wolfe's on the 3rd, for an inaugural River's Edge Poker Club event. I'm leaning toward the 9th as NDPT #11, and I'll have to send out the notice soon! The 10th, is Cole's football banquet. Which is during the Veteran's Day weekend. Hey, weren't we planning a lost weekend to Wheeling again! Dance competition season gets crankin' for Whitney on the 17th, in AKRON, OH, of all places. Who knew!?! The following week is the Thanksgiving holiday/Black Friday/Big Red's -n- Angie's early b-day celebration at the Eagles. Yeah, I didn't know anything about it either, just found out a few minutes ago. That's right people, hang on tight this Merry-Go-Round's a spinnin' real good. Oh, and what's that about 11/29, being the birthday Big Red will be hangin' on to for dear life, for year's to come. The backend of her 30's? Then of course December is competition central for dance and cheer. A Credit Union dinner, Whitney's 15th b-day! (ugh, I'm old.) Christmas of course, and New Year's too, and not-to-mention the fact that I'll have to squeeze in NDPT #12, and then the End of the Year Blowout $50 PokerPalooza, prolly for December 29th (Saturday?) Then Vegas is around the corner in January the hallmark of which will be the JR/yours truly birthday bash. Round it all out with Valentine's day on Feb 14th, and OH, you get the idea, it's going to be a long season!!! I'm sure my liver will be crying "Uncle" very soon.

Anyway, that about catches you all up with what I've got in store for the foreseeable future. Oh and back to that last paragraph, in which I mentioned Christmas. Big Red, do you think you could limit your "wish list" to items I can easily locate on Amazon. You know how much I really hate the mall during the holidays. I remember only 1 truly good holiday season, up there. Der Doghaus was still located up there, and had just started serving beer. I've never seen so many drunk husbands in all my life! If they'd had a full bar, the bottle of Crown would've gone dry, and I know for sure I'd have got a lump of coal, and a few lumps on top of my head too. But really that was the happiest shopping trip I've ever had. Okay, my gift wrapping skills left a little to be desired after that, but let's try and focus on the positive here people, work with me.

Anyway fellow NDPT'ers if not before, I'll see you Saturday. Bring your A-game! No, of course not for me, but for someone else who is still recognized as someone who knows how to play the damn game! : )

Regards,

cheer_dad

P.S. After review...maybe this rambling post laid it on a bit thick! NAH!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: