Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A slight growing trend

I'm happy to report a continual, albeit ever so slight growing trend in my Bodog account. Thanks to some "playa" named "CDawg" I was able to boost my account up to $184.56 last night. It could have been a bit more, had I hit the leave table button right then, but I thought with action like this, I could make more. But the cards dried up and rather than blinding it all away, I left, and went back to watching CSI: Miami instead. I guess I should explain. It was really only one hand that moved me up. (Remember here folks that we're talking about .5/.10 NLHE here, so a +$8.xx profit session is a good thing, especially when it happens in undr 15 minutes.) Like my 2nd or 3rd hand, I look down at AQos, from late position, and pop it up to like 6X the BB. I get two callers, one of which is CDawg. Flop is A-5-7 rainbow. I bet out half pot, this time CDawg doubles it. I call, other guy folds. The turn is another A. CDawg bets the pot! Now, I'm figuring I've met a Cooler here, something like pocket 5's, or an AK, came to mind. But I figure what the hell, and I push all-in. Here's the thing, I look at what's left of CDawg's stack, and it's at $3.23. Less than 1/2 what he just bet. Almost immediately he FOLDS! WHAT!???! The pot drags my way, and my initial buy-in of $10, is now at $19.22! I mark him, make notes, and watch him for a little while longer. Salivating, wishing for more, but the opportunity just did not arise. I blinded off for a few rounds, and with nothing coming on the other table, I decide to cash 'em out. CDawg you're my new best friend. Almost as popular as "Kima, the cash-cow."

Looks like a group of us are going to be heading to BW3's tonight for MrHarryB's (Chris) 35th birthday. The kids will be in tow, so it should be a reserved gathering, aw heck who am I kidding. Like any of us behave any more in front of them. It's like a gathering on the playground for us all.

NDPT #11, is going to be a big affair. Thus far, there are 30 players signed up. I've closed Registration, BUT I'm not sure whether or not Matt and/or Jody were planning to play. If so, this would be a maximum capacity tournament. I might still need to move the recliner to the garage!

I did my walk at lunch yesterday, and then ran/walked on the ole treadmill when I got home for another 30 minutes, so it's back to the old grind. I've got to do something to shed some pounds. It makes me wince a little when I realize how much excess I'm carrying around everyday, as compared to what I weighed when I was in marathon form. The scales actually stared back at me then and said 148 lbs. Let's just say...I think I'm bordering the 70 lbs of excess tonnage. I think an airline would charge me extra to have luggage that heavy. Hey JR, I know what tattoo I should get now. I'll just have 'em stamp "Samsonite" across my gut...or maybe "Wide Load" on my ass. I know, I know to all of you this seems self destructive, but this is my method of disgusting myself to better health. You have to realize that when I was a true runner, I was NOT a health nut, not at all. I ran all the time, so I could do what I wanted! I averaged 30-35 miles a week, and frankly the more than occasional Big Mac, didn't really have much of an effect! But, it just takes some time. I should really start lifting on off days as well. Muscle expends more energy at rest, than fat does, on any day of the week. I just need the time, to get it done, and a new weight bench. Of course, I need a lot of things...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: