Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Still sick, Bodog, and Gus for good measure

Will this cold EVER go away? I've been hacking and snotting now for a couple of weeks. Meds just aren't cutting through it completely. I'm much better...it's moved (for the most part) out of my lungs and chest, but this upper respiratory thing is a real problem. I feel like I'm always snorting something just to draw fresh breath.

We're zeroing in on Turkey Day! Let the overeating and bloated slumber begin! I know we're heading to mom and dad's, and eventually we'll end up at Kathy's as well. You can't just eat one turkey after all! : )

Just got a Sametime from JR, saying that he's going to Wheeling again tonight with Mr. Yanok! He's running the kids up north to see family, and wanted to throw in a night of poker to boot! JR, of course being the degenerate gambler is headed off for another whirlwind poker-palooza. No, I'm not jealous... (friggin' no good son of...) Okay, just a little! Hope they both enjoy the trip, and tear up the tables! Remember boys, some people will chase a flush off a friggin' cliff!!! So, make sure there's something in the water below them...like a BOAT! Don't know when I'll get a chance to go up again. Don't know when I'l get a chance to go and actually come back with more money than I left with. Wouldn't THAT be nice.

In other news, playing briefly last night on Bodog got me back up to $181.06! Accidentally called a small stacks all-in, with the touchpad on my laptop. He got another caller as well. It was a good thing for me the original raiser was short stacked, because before it was all said and done I got it all-in with the other guy and came out on top. The original raiser got to take his smaller win though, since he made QUAD JACKS! I flopped a set of 8's, but he had already flopped a set of Jacks. The other guy in the hand, was on the flush draw, which he hit, BUT I as well, made a boat with the very same card! I love it when a plan comes together! Kind glad I called by accident now...especially since it brought me out of a hole on that table. The other table was doing fine as well. It felt good to breach the 180 mark again. Now, I'm setting sites on the magical $200. That's always been a problematic peak to climb. Don't know why, just is...just need to play good, solid poker, and never look back. Then let you next goals be only in increments of $100 marks! Just a little bit at a time. Enjoy the ride.

I read over at http://www.pokerlistings.com/gus-hansens-crazy-streak-up-17-million-20468 that Gus Hansen is back to his winning ways, to the tune of 1.75 Million. According to the write up a lot of it was at the expense of Patrik Antonius. Sorry Big Red, he's gonna need a shoulder to cry on. I'm sure you'll be there for him. But this article got me to thinking that maybe I should start watching a little more of the online play that goes on amongst the pros, and the fish on which they prey. It all might give me some new insight, of course it might also make me a little sick to watch those kinds of dollars being shoved from stack to stack. OH look there goes my house...oh and the truck, and my future pension. This is a reason I'll never make it to the upper echelons of poker. My feet are much to planted on this Earth! Anyway, congratulations, GO GUS!!! I've always liked his WILD style of play, since seeing him for the first time on the WPT. Don't think I could emulate it, by any means. Like to...can't!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: