Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wheeling again...

I guess I never got back around to posting anything about Friday evening's antics in Wheeling by "da boys." But we did head north, and the cards were in the air. We made good time on the trip up, despite the traffic. The bad part was that it took us nearly 3 hours to actually get seated at a poker table! The place was packed. There were over 100 names on the list for 1-2 NLHE. I put my name in for 1-2 and on the 2-4 Limit. I got seated first at the 2-4 table...and stayed there for the duration. Of course while we waited we tried to play the doggies. It didn't work out for any of us really. Seemed like every dog we picked ended up going wide in a turn, or getting bumped. Oh well... Cooler in JR's truck had plenty of beer in it, and I had brought the Jack Daniels along. When we did get to the tables, Frank and I ended up at the same table, side by side. We started having a good time, just joking around with each other and the dealers and other players. The more we did...the better the cards seemed to come. I had a great run...and was having a great time. I hit several flushes and straights, and flopped boat once as well, oh wait sorry Frank that was against you. : ) I made around $120 for my time at the tables. Not bad for under 4 hours at the tables. It was around 9:00 when we got to the tables, and we started to head for home around 1:00am. All in all a good time was had by all.



I do have to tell a bit of a story on this guy...
I wish I had a better picture of this guy, who I nicknamed "pimp-daddy." He made the trip worth it to me. It seems like there's always one punk-ass-fool in the room. And brother it was him! His matching hat and shirt, were black and "shiny" silver. So shiny that every time Frank tried to take his picture with his phone, he was just a big blur in the middle of the image. Cheesy little goatie, lots of jewelry. The gold rope necklace with the medallion really set off the ensemble. I got a lot of laughs over him. When we sat down at the table next to him, he caught my eye right away. He had a big chip stack, but as Frank and I observed throughout the evening it continued to dwindle. He was always trying to get people to join his table, and was always talking loudly early on. He finally lost it all, and I'm sure that table was sad to see their lil cash cow go away.

On the way home we stopped at Denny's for a late night breakfast. That was a great choice, nothing like a little grease to polish off the evening of drinking and gambling. I wandered in the house after 4:00am, and headed to bed. Thanks to all who went along JR, Chris, Steve, and Frank. We'll do it again sometime soon. We've got to agree in advance at least once to head further north to Chester next time, and check out that other room.

I've written enough for one evening, but I promise tomorrow to cover the antics from last night. Birthday gathering for Big Red and Angie at the Eagles and the BPD band JINX was playing there as well. More good times, but that's for the next post.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: