Monday, November 05, 2007

Time change

I don't like the time change. In fact, I rather loathe it. Regardless of whether I'm falling back, springing forward...it just wreaks frackin' havoc on my body. I'm tired beyond understanding right now, and it would only be just minutes after when I would have been outa here, had there been no time change. Already though, I'm looking out the window behind me, and I can tell it just wants to turn into a nightscape, before my very eyes. Maybe it's just gloomy, but either way, all I can think I'd like to do is curling up into bed. Like I said loathe!

Thanks to the Wolfe's for hosting another fine evening of poker. No I didn't win. No I haven't seen a frackin' final table, in who knows how long, unless of course it's at the Yanok's, or I'm watching one on TV. I did gravitate to the cash tables though and made back my tournament buy-in, plus an extra $5 spot. So, I lost nothing, and gained a lot of good times. The Red Snappers with a little help from Frank killed the bottle of Jack Daniel's. I think we may have even been close to seeing table dancing that night too, courtesy of the ladies! I remember a lot of laughter, and a very enjoyable time. Thanks again Frank and Julie!

Looks like my game on Friday is going to be packed! I just got 3 more sign ups, putting me at 28 (or 29) if I choose to go ahead and count Matt J. Jody can't make it since she is headed out early the next AM on a shopping trip. At any rate, there will be cards in the air...and hopefully lots of chips in my pile! Beware, a new strategy may just unfurl itself to everyone. : )

Also, either late Saturday night, or early Sunday morning, a contingent of us are heading to Wheeling Island, for the poker room, slots, dogs, and mass quantities of alcohol. We're looking forward to it. I for one want to redeem myself, from the previous trip. I'm sure JR wants to do the same from his last 2 trips. By the way he made the trip again, this past Friday, and made it back just in time the next evening for the Wolfe's tournament. He and Mike R, ended up chopping the tourney! Go friggin' figure. Good Job JR, and oh yeah you too Mike, from the sound of things, before we got started on Saturday, you really needed to put one up in the WIN column. Just to feel a little better about things. Glad it worked out for you. I'm still waiting for mine. : )

It's going to be a busy season folks for the NDPT, the Murray household, and just life in general. Everyone get plenty of rest, and stick with your buddy, remember to always travel in pairs. I dunno why, just do it. I gotta run...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: