Saturday, November 17, 2007

I dunno...

Beats me how it happened, but while killing time last night waiting for my daughter and her friend to finish up at the Skating Rink, I fired up a couple of freerolls at PokerStars, that I'd remembered signing up for a couple of days ago. I'd stumbled upon them while looking for a strategy article the other day. Some tie in to Daniel Negraneau, or something. Play with him in the Bahamas, or Paradise, or some such idiocy. I had to leave and despite having a respectable stack in the one, when I returned I was down to pocket change, and got it all in for one last hand, but lost to a worse hand, which drew out on me. Oh well. But I'd kinda forgotten about the other tourney that I just left for it's own dismal failure after that. This morning when I log on to check my email though, I've got a congratulatory email from PokerStars for finishing in the money...Now brace yourself for the amount... $1.00! Which brings my PokerStars account up to a grand total of, now let me figure it, carry the 4, times the square root of an imaginary number and that gives us, well huh friggin' $1.00!!! But hey, isn't this exactly how Chris Ferguson started out his low stakes odyssey a while back, in an effort to go from nothing to $10,000? Just watch and learn ye nay-sayers! Scoff if you will. With these 100 pennies I shall build a bankroll over which you'll all drool! What...it could happen! Then, while updating all my poker clients today, I accidentally seated myself over at Poker Rewards in a .10/.20 NLHE game. And before I could stop it, I was posted and dealt! Friggin' shortcuts anyway. Long story short thought, before the blinds circled back around to me again, I ended up with an extra $1.44 for my short lived efforts. Beware the Q-10os, for once it paid. So, I logged out, and called the unintentioned move a WIN! Well that's enough patting myself on the back for these paltry sums. See you next time.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: