Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Burning the late evening oil

Can't call it "midnight," but a few of us are back in here at work for some server maintenance. Actually related to the SAN, but our servers which attach, need detached as it were. So, here we are. I had the easy ones to deal with, so I'm in a holding pattern awaiting additional work from the rest of the team, and then the boys with the "SAN Plan" can do there thing. In the immortal words of Lawrence Welk, "a take it away a boys..." Gee, I uh guess I really am OLD!

Expecting to be in here no more than a couple of hours, but I've heard those famous last words before. Cross your fingers, and hope for the best.

In other news Cole had his Science Fair today. His project as some of you know (since you were test subjects) was to see if people could distinguish between Pepsi, Coke, and RC. MOST of you could not. He said he did well, and actually enjoyed it. He got Honorable Mention for his efforts. Seeing as there is such a focus on the "scientific method" we specifically chose something that required Cole to study, and observe some thing as it occurred. And then, record and analyze the data. This method always worked well for Whitney through grade school. No offense to one of the other projects, and it's been done over and over again...but what the hell does building a model of a volcano show or for that matter teach? That kid got 2nd place??? I got no beef with the other kid who took down first place for comparing baseball bats, wood vs aluminum. Sounds like a decent project, actual observation and data to be had there. You can't go wrong with America's past time either, and who am I to argue with a hyperactive child with a couple of baseball bats anyway. Nice job kid! Regardless, I think Cole did a good job, and might have learned a little something along the way. He was actually more interested in knowing how I put his data into a little chart. I'll have to get around to teaching my 9-yr old about Excel now. Geek! Or at least a child process.

So much for wasting time and the waiting game. You may hear more from me later, when boredom gets a tighter hold on me.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: