Monday, December 17, 2007

If "they" can't make it...and a weekend recap.

Well it looks like Pamela Anderson and her latest hubby Rick Salomon gave it their best shot, and fought the good fight but in the end, just couldn't make the marriage work. Irreconcilable differences is the verdict, after a whopping 2 months of marital bliss. If these two crazy kids can't make it work, then who the hell are we all kidding!!! Hot off the virtual presses comes this divorce shocker here: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20166765,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines and don't forget the original announcement of the nuptials that brought the poker player and the bombshell together: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20151049,00.html. Recall at one point Pammy mentioned that she was getting married to Rick to pay off a poker debt! To coin a phrase... I guess he... errr... it wasn't that big! Keep in mind, that Led Zeppelin will later begin touring again, and with Ms. Anderson's penchant for rockers, well who the hell knows! Move along folks nothing more to see here.

In other news...NDPT #12 took place on Saturday, and Erik P walked away with the top spot. It was a little lighter turnout tournament, with only 20 (due to other holiday season commitments, but we all had a blast. Mike Robey showed up with all the makings of a holiday wassail, that was a big hit, and a big intoxicator!!! Good Stuff! Thanks Mike. That same night also brought another sight I won't soon forget...JJ and Chris B wrestling one another to the floor of my basement. Laura talked to me today, and implied I should probably have an inspector check the integrity of my home's foundation after that! And again... move along folks, nothing to see here!

I'm sick AGAIN, as most of you know, on round #3 of antibiotics for this friggin' season. WTF!!! This has to be one of the nastiest illnesses I have EVER had! I'm just wiped out from it. Despite it, I was able to seize a 3rd place finish at the tournament, which for this year, at my house, has been a phenomenon for me! Maybe my luck's turning... which would be great, since this Friday I'm headed over to the Yanok's year ender tournament! I'll start that one as the chip leader. I'd really like to finish up that way too! : ) And the NDPT $50 year ender will be December 29th, at 6:00. I sent out the tournament notice a few minutes ago, and already have around 15 sign-ups, so everyone better bring your A-Game.

Oh and Friday, recall that a collection of us were headed out for dinner and a movie. Dinner, was a few quick drinks at BW3's and a mad dash to the mall. We get there only to learn that the kids movie Alvin and the Chipmunks was Sold Out! AHHHHHHHHH! So we lost some of the collective on that point. Others opted for Enchanted instead. The adults went, as planned, to I Am Legend. I'll say it was good. It wasn't great, but Will Smith did pull of the lead character roll very well. I think he did a great job of showing the inner turmoil that "Neville" was going through as the so called "last man on Earth." The movie reached a point at which it made a departure from the story line that was in the book of the same name by Richard Matheson, but I won't say that it was necessarily a good or a bad thing. It was just different. I think I even heard Frank say that he liked the movie ending better. The special effects were good, and I gauge that by the fact that Big Red jumped out of her seat and screamed during one particularly tense scene in the movie. Smith's interaction with his dog and the mannequins throughout the movie was great, and really made the character's mindset come alive. I won't mention more about the movie, because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I try NOT to do that. In short I liked it, and like some things that were in the book, that the movie skipped, but then again, I liked some things that the movie had that the book lacked. So take that for what it's worth.

Time to leave...long evening awaits. Big Red going to her mom's to help wrap presents, while I take Whitney and Cole to Whit's basketball game. Man I hope the coach doesn't pull his "shtuff" again. You may read about me in tomorrow's police report section if he does. At any rate, see you all real soon. OH, and one other tidbit...the Vegas countdown is now T Minus... 33 Days, 2 Hours, 17 Minutes! WaHoo!

Regards.

cheer_dad

No comments: