Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wheeling Island website!?

I visited the Wheeling Island website yesterday, to see if there were any news to be found. There was something new, but it wasn't good. Their website is "new." I cannot say improved, and honestly it would not have been hard to improve upon it. I actually crossed my fingers and hoped they were "in the process" of updating it when I visited, but finding it again in this state I'm guessing the powers that be in charge of advertising at Wheeling Island are content with it as a finished product. I decided to echo Frank's comments and email my comments to them as well, I hope it makes an impact, and soon. Here are my comments, and I hope they do NOT go unheard:

What have you done to your website!?! The redesign, if that's what it is, doesn't even have your name at the top of the home page. The old site was amateurish, at best, but at least it had the basic elements of a web presence. Please tell me that the web designers are NOT doing a redesign while in production...if so you should fire them now. With the enormous advertising campaign that Wheeling Island is currently involved in (what with advertisements in CardPlayer and Bluff Magazines, billboards, radio and television commercials) it should be realized that you are doing yourself a disservice with your website. A number of my friends, colleagues, and fellow bloggers continue to track the progress and experience of the newly opened poker room at Wheeling Island, and as well will continue to report on our blogs as the additional table games are formally opened next week, BUT your website definitely needs an overhaul!

Regards,

cheer_dad

http://ndebtpokertour.blogspot.com/

No comments: