Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wheeling site follow up...and other plans


Hmmm, now I'm hopeful that the picture shown here, is actually the Wheeling Island website redesign... Now the bigger question, was it complete before? Were they still working on it? Or is this another friggin' site that the accursed PROXY servers are shredding before displaying?! Say it ain't so, Del!!! Frank have we merely been duped by surfing at work? OR...did your screenshot come from home? I'm still not really all that sold on the idea of the Ford F-150 dwarfing the rest of the home page... maybe a DODGE!!! : ) Blush, is that my hemi showing? Anyway, it is an improvement over what I was seeing earlier. If it was that way earlier today, I guess I'll look foolish again. But after 39 years on the planet, I've been getting used to it by now. I did browse through the rest of the site, and it is better looking than it used to be. It has a little more glitz, and some pictures, and I'm hoping they'll quickly fill in the "blanks" for the other table games as soon as they open on the 20th. BUT, keep in mind that up until this change the news posts on the website were usually at least a month old. Until some time passes, the jury will hold its verdict. Maybe, just maybe I spoke too soon. We shall see.
In other topics Big Red says this Friday night a "bunch" of us are going to dinner and a movie. Adults and children this go 'round. Quickie dinner after work, I'm guessing it'll be somewhere Mexican (think quick.) And then we'll all head to the mall, and the adults are going to indulge ourselves in I Am Legend, while the kids check out the new Alvin and the Chipmunks flick. I've got to confess, I will probably end up watching that one too, later, in disguise. I grew up with these rodents, and honestly the commercials look pretty funny. Now back to "Legend." I read the book by Richard Matheson at Frank's urging. It was short, and I enjoyed it...and I'm curious to see how HollyWeird will modify it to their liking. Nonetheless, the previews look good, and they may make an exciting, interesting film in their own right. Again, jury's still out. I'll let you know later, and this won't be an Ebert and Roper critique. I genuinely love movies...but I'm not all about the director/actor intention and vision. I EXPECT to be entertained. Get it done, and the popcorn better not be stale. End of story...
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: