Monday, December 03, 2007

Some stuff and a word of the day

I'm glad to see that my buddy Frank has been following the "state" of poker in the "state" of West Virginia so well. I haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately, much less in an investigative reporter mood. Although I do and accomplish nothing, I seem to have very little energy or oomph lately. To say that I have a waning interest in life, would seem to put it a little harshly! Eh...but if the shoe fits, put the other one on. Anyway, I am still a bit surprised that Tri-State Racetrack and Gaming Center has not even applied for a gaming license to permit table games at the facility. Poor choice if you ask me. They could use the ramped up revenue to help or completely finance their "pie-in-the-sky" expansion plans. Meanwhile Wheeling and Chester will move forward with their table games plans, and possible expansion. Sooner or later surrounding states will jump on the bandwagon in some way to stave their residents from crossing the border to the Mountain State, to slough off their hard earned dollars. Instead keeping it for themselves to fill the governmental coffers. How is it that something that appears so sensible, from a business perspective, could elude the powers that be of the Tri-State facility?

In other news, it seems that JR got the last laugh on the Murray's and the Wolfe's on Saturday night. During the WVU game/cluster-frack Frank texted JR to see how the date was going, and throughout the evening we were entertained with replies, stating that the date ended early during dinner, and he opted to head instead for the $1/$2 NLHE table in Wheeling. Laughter (and a little jealously ensued!) Turns out, that the date continued, and he parted ways with said maiden in the neighborhood of 1:30 in the AM. So, he didn't get any poker in after all, or at least any that involved a deck of cards! : ) Sorry, lady...don't know you yet, so I can continue to talk trash!

It is bitter cold and windy outside. The morning's walk from the truck to the building was enough to bring tears to the eyes and left you gasping for breath. BRRR! I hate the cold, hate the Winter, hate having those clearly defined 4 seasons. I'd be much happier with, oh say ONE!!! I wonder if I can retire to someplace tropical, or very warm?

Oh and finally, my word for the day is DONKTARD! After reading it on the AnteUp Blog, I got a good chuckle and found that it is VERY fitting of a number of the players I've encountered recently at Wheeling Island's poker room. You should be able to mop up with them, but as is pointed out at AnteUp, too many of them at a table can be a VERY dangerous thing. You can't bluff a donktard. You need powerful, if not nuts hands to take it down, but the suckouts can be severe.

There's a lot of poker coming up in the the next few weeks, the Yanok's, JR's, Mine, and a couple of year-end games yet to be scheduled. Then maybe a short, well-deserved break before a big contingency of us head of to the land of lights in the desert (Las Vegas.) ETA is 47 Days, 3 Hours, 10 Minutes, according to the iGoogle gadget I've got in place. Rest up...save your pennies gang, it's going to be one heckuva ride! See you all soon.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wheeling RUSE!

Felt badly about leading guys down the "Oh how it would feel not to be married" path! ;-) But after Frank's text message (45 minutes into the date) asking me: “ Are you getting any yet?”, I had to pull your guy’s chain a little bit. I have moved pretty fast before, but 45 minutes (without the aide of alcohol) would be astounding! Nikki and I got a good laugh from it!