Saturday, December 29, 2007

Last night recap, and NDPT Year End tonight

Despite the fact that both of my kids took off to spend the night elsewhere last night (Whitney with Jordan, and Cole with my parents) and then last minute Big Red decided to take off for Bingo Night with her mother, I opted NOT to go play poker over at Shuman's! What's wrong with me? I dunno, I just really wasn't in the mood to play "live" poker. Go figure...I must be sick! Instead, in an odd mood I just wanted to be alone for a while. I sat down in front of my new Acer 22" monitor to put it to the online poker test, iTunes smooth jazz channel playin' in the background (no friggin' wonder I'm so melancholy) I was just dabbling around at a few tables of the .05/.10 NLHE variety on PokerRewards.com. I played looser than ever, tracking back I saw that I was seeing the flop over 50% of the time! Absurd, unheard of for the cheer_dad! Despite that initially I was winning 7%!!! That just won't cut it. Glad I was playing low stakes online rather than at Shuman's trying to grind that out at one table at a time. I would have been out of my mind. I remember really only 3 key hands of this losing night. By losing I'm talking less than $8.00 total, : )... I had my set of 10's rammed up my arse when the limping AKs on the other end of the table, called my reraise post flop, with his top pair (duh) and then proceeded to hit runner/runner for his straight and the rest of my chips. I rebought, and not many hands later, I looked down at wired Aces, from the Big Blind. It is raised and called by lots of folks. I bump it hard, wanting to thin the herd, and still get 2 callers. I had already decided whatever came out on the flop, I was smackin' the All-In button. I did and got a single caller. My rockets held and that put me back on track at that table. Then back to the other table, which had been slower, and I wasn't catching much. I call I small raise from late position with pocket 3's. I flop my set, and my grin sets in. The guy in front of me bets out, I raise him, he reraises, I go all in. Unfortunately the 2-3-4 rainbow had given my worthy opponent his high end straight, with his 5-6s. The board never paired, and he took it down. So that was the hand that would have put me back on the positive side, but in the end knocked me for the 8 bucks. Hey, it could've been MUCH worse. About that time, Big Red returned from Bingo and felt like going to the Eagle's for a bit, to check on the tips from the previous night, that she'd played (which turned out to be duds!) We dropped a few bucks in the one armed bandits, and just spent some time together, just the two of us. We had a good time.

Tonight's the BIG NIGHT! NDPT Year-End Tournament time starts at 6:00pm. I've had a few callers today, asking if there's room for them, and thus we are now at a total of 28 players for tonight. Assuming everyone shows up, which is highly likely...minus Julie (since she won her seat) the prize pool will be at a nosebleed level of $1,350. This is the kind of night that could really turn the year around for anyone who's been in the poker cellar this year. Why...I resemble that remark. Y'all BEWARE!!!

Hope everyone is looking their best for tonight since the "Flip" camcorder will be in full use throughout the night by anyone wants to give it a go. I get dibs on anything crossing the lines of prudish decency. Say cheese! Nonetheless it'll be hard to top Big Red's Heely's demonstration. : ) It just never gets old does it!

Game time now 2 1/2 hours from now. See you bunch of degenerates real soon.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: