Monday, December 24, 2007

Santa will be here soon!

I wanted to thank Frank and Julie for a great evening on Saturday. Getting together, eating drinking, playing games, and basically making with the merry is always a great plan. Red Snapper complaints that we could have been more organized are irrelevant. A good time was had by all. Thanks for hosting!

Tonight, we're heading over to the Brothers' house for Christmas Eve. They're rumoured to have picked up the delicious nectar Wild Turkey Liqueur thanks to one Mrs. Linsell! What was it 20 miles out of your way to pick it up. Muchos Gracias!!! Too bad after I drink enough of it, I won't be able to remember who brought it.

Just in time for the holidays our oven went on the fritz. I need one of these (ignitor) to make it work again. Of course NO ONE is open through the holidays who carries one of the little gizmos. BUT, I had no cooking plans in mind for the holidays, so I think we'll survive.
Of course, I will have to figure out to get the sucker out and the new one back in, but how bad could it be...right? Okay, dad's always waiting in the wings to lend a hand. If the ignitor's not the problem, the whole thing may end up in the back yard!


Frank sent me an invite to join up with this site, and it seems pretty cool, and I'll give anything a shot, so I signed up. Check it out for yourself! Tell 'em wvwolfie or cheerdad sent you. Hey if for no other reason, I signed up because they were hosting a private freeroll on UltimateBet, that was getting ready to start. I made it halfway through the tournament. I only remember two hands. The one that crippled me, when my AKos called a relative shortstack's all-in, after he got spanked on successive hands, and I knew he was a tilt monster. He turned over A8os. SWEET! Of course the 8 hit on the turn, and I got him back in the game, by handing over 575 chips. Then, I had to ratchet down and wait for a hand. On the big blind, I look down at pocket 8's, and push all-in, after a minimal raiser came in. He insta called with his pocket Q's, and he hit another to boot on the flop, so he sent me packing. That hand was a mistake on my part, but I was so short at that point, and I don't really think I was going to turn it around. Oh well, there'll always be another game. I honestly haven't played a lot of online poker as of late. I kinda miss it, but tis the season!

I'm hoping Big Red likes the present that I got her. Click the image, unless you're Big Red, in which case do not click til Christmas! If she doesn't I know I will, and Whitney's already let me know she plans on using it one way or the other. Anyway, I'll see many of you tonight, and we'll get in the holiday spirit with some holiday spirits! But, if I don't get to see you before Christmas, I wish you well, and hope Santa brings you everything that you wanted! Merry Christmas all you NDPT'ers, and visitors to the blog.
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: