Friday, December 07, 2007

Long weekend ahead, but I need one

I don't know how...but my class is finally over and I actually passed the associated test that came at the end of it. The class was "Rapid Assessment and Recovery of Troubled Projects," for those of you who are keeping score. Seeing as this was my first Project Management class, I found it to be very interesting. Of course keep in mind, in my current and previous working life, I have in fact managed a project or so, or at least played in integral part. I guess the hardest thing about the class was the terminology and processes to me. I mean I grasped a number of the concepts, and knew what they were all about, but I'd just never put a name to them. Others in the class had obviously been there and done that before. Anyway, I actually learned a thing or two, and managed to survive 3 days of work without a computer in front of me, for the entire time. It wasn't easy...and I'm sure glad to have my iGoogle page and Google Reader back in front of me. Oh yeah and all that important work stuff too!

My day will be over in just a few minutes. I'll head home, see the kids, grab a bite to eat, then we're heading over to the Yanok's for tonight's game(s.) November and December qualifiers are tonight. I'd like to hold onto my slim points lead going into the Year End Tournament that he has put together for us. Big Red tells me that I'll need to chalk up a win in the first game of the evening in order to allow me to play in the 2nd game. Geesh, no pressure there! I'll let you know how that plan all works out. Tomorrow night we're headed to JR's card night, I wonder if I have to win enough to cover that too? Then, Sunday, Big Red invited us to head over to Scott and Sally's to watch the Steelers play. She threw down the challenge last night at dinner at "Gran Ranchero." I'm just hoping that there's not bloodshed involved, when Teresa starts rooting against Sally and Scott's beloved Steelers. However it ends up, I'm sure I'll have more entertainment from watching all of them, than any football game could ever offer up.

It's time for me to bolt! See you all soon!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: