Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brandi... and the weekend

Sadly according to this article over at Wicked Chops Poker, it has been confirmed that Brandi Hawbaker is dead at the age of 26. Apparently I've been very behind in my reading, as it appears that this occurred on Sunday. Still what a waste... so very disturbing. Rest in peace Brandi.

Last night a bunch of us went out to the K of C reverse drawing. Of course none of us won at that. It was Big Red and I, along with the Brothers-es-es, JR and Nikki, Mike and Lisa, Rick and Sheila were there, and a bunch of Teresa's family and their friends. Much good food, much good libations!
Following that the obligatory trip to the Eagle's took place. I think we nearly closed down the joint. Remarkably no hangover... maybe the whole Jack Daniel's thing is true.
Tonight the NDPT crew will be converging on the Wolfe's for our April tournament. Hopefully my consistent performance thus far for the year will continue. : )
On the Bodog front... yeah I'm an idiot as usual. I gotta stop late night logons after a night of drinking. I back, sub $200 ou there, BUT in my defense... I lost the vast majority of it on one hand. I lost with a full house Jacks over 7's, when it met up with Jacks of 9's. Ouch... frack... etc... yeah you get the gist! But, I've played it out before, I'll do it again. No biggie. I guess I don't take it or myself too seriously. When I eventually grow the online roll back up to $1,000 I'll feel a little different about it I'm sure. That's prolly good in some ways, prolly bad in some other ways.
We're getting ready to head out to baseball practice which we can only stay until around 6:00, in order to make it to the Wolfe's. Hope to see you all soon!
Regards,
cheer_dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and did she won ANYTHING?