Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last night at the Wolfe's

Thanks to Frank and Julie for taking on the hosting gig for this month's tournament. It was great to see you all, and hope everyone had a nice time. My tournament life was short lived when I hit a rough patch. The first hand I shoved a chunk of my stack pre-flop with pocket 7's and ran into Frank's rockets. Oops! Then, in an effort to re accumulate some semblance of a stack I had to make some moves that weren't characteristic of my typical game. I even shoved all in with my least favorite hand, in the effort, the ole J-K off! Unfortunately I didn't scare anybody all that much, and picked up two callers. I was in trouble... when I saw Del turn over A-Jos, yeah I'm dominated here. I've only got 3 real outs. So, let's just say I didn't get there. : )

I lost a little more in the cash game too, although I'm not really sure on what. I think it was to the guy who looked a lot like the lead singer of Rascal Flats. (Sorry, I've forgotten your name.) But lucky for me the lovely and talented Big Red had my back for the night. She took down the top spot on the night! She and Vince battled out heads up briefly then finally chopped it, but Teresa will get the top billing for the night in the points race. So, once again, she has to bail me out of my losing ways! : ) Congratulations baby!

I'm pretty sure, Vince took over the points lead last night. I "think" I'm still in 2nd place, but a few others are beginning to get too close for comfort. I guess I better start bringing the A-game. Might help if I wasn't suckin' down more than my fair share of the keg last night, I suppose. But then again... I do love beer.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: