Thursday, March 12, 2009

Be the grizzly...


The Nickelback concert was great last night! And you just couldn't beat the company... And we were REALLY close to the beer area, and I never waited more than like a minute or so in a line for anything. The Nationwide Arena also offered up a pleasant facility, very spacious, and high ceilinged. Remarkably my ears aren't ringing today, like they do after most concerts that I've attended, and this was due to the setup of the arena. Yeah, it was loud, but it just seemed that the high pitch sounds weren't nearly as piercing as I've experienced in other concert halls like Charleston's Civic Center for example.

I'll be adding a lot more of the songs that I heard last night to the old iPod in short order. Not only did Nickelback sound great but so did the boys from Seether and Saving Abel. There were definitely a lot of tracks that will be great for my afternoon runs on the treadmill. Gotta keep the heart pumping!

I did have to take Cole to school this morning, so I groggily dragged myself out of bed and got him there, and then came home and went right back to bed! Remember I took the whole day off, knowing exactly how I'd be feeling. X ) hiccup...

I played some poker on Bodog for about an hour or so, and made a little over $18. Which in all honesty feels like a million bucks since I took some real kicks to the head at the tables. A lot of really crazy hands went down in that short time at the tables. Take for example that preflop I got it all-in with pocket Kings, when a villain raised my initial bet. He called and he was holding the Cowboys too! AND I almost LOST the friggin' hand, when the flop came out with 3 diamonds, and guess who was NOT holding the Diamond King?!? Whew... avoided that one.

Then, came this pleasant hand, which threatened to send me down the uber-trail of tilt! I call a small raise preflop from late position with pocket 7s. I flop my set with AQ7 on the board! The turn is another Ace, and now I've got the sneaky boat. I bet out hard, get raised, and I shove and get called. The pot is now $42, and this on a .10/.25 nlhe table! Come to poppa! He flips over AK... So, he's got 7 outs! Unfortunately, one of them got there, when the river brought him a King to the rescue. Ouchie... gut wrenching! I briefly consider taking up Solitaire as my new hobby... But I've still got 20 minutes before it's time to pick up Cole from school, and I've still got the 3 other tables I'm playing at. One of which I've nearly doubled up on my initial $25 buy-in. So, I ake the deep cleansing breath and press on, and stick to the same game plan, brutal beats be damned. Hell, some of the guys were at all my tables and had seen what just happened and figured I was babbling nonsense to myself by now and was easy pickin's! Think again kids!

With 2 minutes to go, and I'm already planning to cut my losses and log off, but I find from middle position a pair of 9s, just as I'm ready to go and opt for just "one-more-hand." Go ahead and shudder, you know you've been there too! It gets raised preflop... and three of us decide to come along for the ride. The flop comes AQ9! Sweet! There's a bet in front of me, but I pop it up with a pot bet, and then another reraise back to me, and I decide if it's the day that my flopped sets are just gonna get pounded, then so friggin' be it. If you're gonna be a bear, be the damned grizzly! Here we go! We gots us a $41 hand here... The money's all in the middle, nothing to do now but watch. Another Queen on the turn, oh shit, here it comes, I can feel it!!! River is... the case 9! My opponent's cards show AK suited, which are no match for my QUADS! I sit back, feeling the need for a cigarette, even though I haven't done that in many years now. Wow what a ride this game is! A lot of ups and downs and a mixture of emotion was rolled up into this little hour long session. All that to show only an $18 profit, but trust me I'll take it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: