Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Comfort food


Oddly enough, I caught myself reaching for comfort food yesterday. Nothing in particular was wrong other than a little irritability on my part but there I was grabbing for the potato chips and later on some chocolate. All the while doing it I recognized it merely sabotaged my efforts in the health and fitness department. Guess I'll have to run a marathon on the treadmill to counteract the stupidity and weakness of the moment.

I have updated the standings for the NDPT End-of-the-Year Tournament, find them here. Recall that for those who contribute the extra $5 at the monthly tournaments and subsequently score a "cash" in the game that night are awarded chips for the year end game. The more you win, the more chips awarded. I've got the whole "scheme" outlined in the Google Doc found here. There is plenty of time for you to get in on the action. The prize pool for the end of the year game will likely be in excess of $1,000. Currently Uncle June finds himself perched atop the leader board.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: