Saturday, March 28, 2009

Luck be a Lady...

Last night's Credit Union banquet was a good choice for me last night. Not only was it a good night with friends and libation. But Lady Luck decided to grace me with her presence. Chris, JR, and I left the banquet when they started to break out the Bingo cards, and went next door to the Eagles. And as the night went on of course the drinks flowed. While sitting at the bar, just hanging out I look up to see Santana running from the other side of the bar. To those of you who know her... well that in itself is a sight to behold! But no, she's running toward me... and yelling that I'd just won the Quarter Jug drawing. Now, me and Lady Luck have ourselves a strained relationship at best and so I tend to err on the side of subdued optimism. I mean how good could it be, being a "quarter" right? Well try $429 on for size, cheer_dad! And I'll be damned, I'd even remembered to register that night. At the same time on the other side of the bar, I spot my wife, whose waving like mad to tell me that she had just hit the "rip-off" tip for $100. To top it off, later on I end up splitting the next $100 tip prize with another person who Big Red had decided that we would split since we each had even numbers of viable tickets in the drawing. All in all, not a bad night. I think I'm gonna give up poker altogether and stick to true games of chance from here on out. Oh wait, I can't make that promise just yet... there's an NDPT game tonight at the Wolfes house!

I'll see several of you real soon.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: